Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

yeah for a lot of devs ROBLOX is their main source of income, so we really have no choice

2 Likes

This is a W by the most part if you ask me. Maybe not so much for developers who’s whole game is surrounded around avatar items. But in my opinion a major win for UGC creators.

2 Likes

I don’t have a lot of hope but Roblox should really revise this policy. I think it would be understandable to change it to requiring a buy button on avatar items in games. But the 2nd part of not allowing use of unavailable items should really go, especially if it applies to Roblox made items too.

Hopefully they actually take the feedback into consideration, although I’m doubtful that will happen.

4 Likes

An update. Luckily, it doesn’t affect anyone if they’ve been doing things the right way in the first place.

He’s not like farming. He joined two years before me and has less than half of the likes I have.

chaos.

3 Likes

I can tell you right now that Guest Capone is very pleased

1 Like

gonna leave my last post here on a serious note:

roblox, please, for the love of god. revert this update, and listen to your community, not your damn shareholders or investors. the more stupid shit like this you try and force onto people is gonna cause more people to leave your platform and complain.

by releasing and continuing this update you quite literally can cause so many devs to stress and crunch on making their games abide by these new policies and make people worry so much about if their game fits under them. you also cause people to be constantly checking for if something goes offsale, which is tedious and annoying for no reason other than to just be annoying and another step.

short and simple, do not release this update, and next time you do something like this, announce it and do NOT give people a SINGLE week to work with to fix their game. announce something, ask for feedback, see if it should be implemented based off that feedback and if things need to be changed, THEN make the final decision. do not just announce out of nowhere and make people worry a ton about their games/experiences.

4 Likes

1/10

you put too much effort into it

1 Like

players can report games that violate this policy, and any game that is in violation is at risk of being moderated

2 Likes

Alright it’s been fun but goodnight everyone, heading to bed as it’s 4am. Hopefully there will be a comprehensible update to this topic and proper post restriction added to this thread by tomorrow :sleeping:

5 Likes

“players can report games that violate this policy” no one supports it
“any game that is in violation is at risk of being moderated”
billions of games:

2 Likes

I’m literally an artist sorry lemme do like 10 seconds. Also it is legendary to see you alexander

1 Like

this controversy reminds me a lot of the horrendous audio update in march

roblox might be like “ive made a severe and continuous lapse in my judgement” and just proceed with the update anyway

3 Likes

But UCG creators (and most importantly Roblox!) get money when their item is sold, including in-game.

1 Like

What is controversial about it? Last time I checked there was less than 10% of experiences that sell UGC.

edit chaos

2 Likes

Hey by the way these changes apply to Roblox items as well which millions of games since 2007 have used

2 Likes

players can report games that violate this policy REGARDLESS of if they support the policy or not. The thing is people who hate a game or the game’s developer which has these violations can report a game and get it suspended for their own personal gain.

2 Likes

Does this apply in case you created the off sale items?

1 Like

True, but instead of developers creating an incentive to push the boundaries of Roblox, we get cookie cutter nonsense like catalog avatar creator which just leech off of UGC creators profits.

1 Like

This does not compare to Audio update, this is much worse! Audio update sort of made sense too because of copyright infringement. Roblox has full control on their own IP too and they decided to do this instead of allowing their IP to fuel creativity…

3 Likes

Must’ve missed that part. Well, it’s not like you can sell off sale items anyways. Shouldn’t be too bad.

1 Like