Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

This month has been an amazing ad campaign for Godot. Bravo Godot, I have never felt more incentivized to switch, truly stellar marketing.

8 Likes

I saw this earlier in the thread I really like it, nice vista btw. I donā€™t get all the love for XP when Vista is right there.

1 Like

godot has a crazy marketing team to get roblox and unity to do this stuff im very impressed

2 Likes

no way roblox just got ratioed by 16x thats crazy :skull:

3 Likes

Go, Dot! Go!
by D.B. Builderman

2 Likes

No itā€™s actually terrible

Itā€™a not about making money, itā€™s about getting banned for even letting people wear offsale hats, not to mention every ugc in the future will have limited stock, aka go offsale eventually

2 Likes

I tried to make a port of my game in Godot, looked kind of neat but didnā€™t get far because I am a noob :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

please fire whoever came up with this, what the hell

2 Likes

Windows VISTA
(why?)

Oh. I have another idea. Roblox should make games that havenā€™t been updated prior to a year ago automatically untick this:

3 Likes

also no idea why but my notifs on here are now delayed by like an hour so by the time people like my posts or reply to them i get them all at once an hour later

1 Like

Unreal engine looking way too fine rnā€¦

2 Likes

godot lookin promising to me rn imo

2 Likes

The worst! Yet another terrible addition to Roblox, thanks!

2 Likes

This update might actually end up doing more damage than good.

This effectively kills off almost every single game that borrows 3D models, decals, textures, sounds or anything of that matter.

Every meme / reference / satire game can practically no longer exist.
Now you have to make everything yourself and own everything that you use.

This kills off creative freedom and artistic expression or the recycling of assets which can save massive amounts of time.

And get ready for false copyright strikes because something you made looked too similar or because you needed X to look exactly like Y.

5 Likes

Itā€™s also for UGC Creators, not just Roblox. Honestly the amount of time they gave for people to either add the UI or make customs models is crazy. 1 week to do all that is nowhere near enough time to make a quality product for all of this.

3 Likes

Are you guys actually trying to ruin your own platform? Like this is unrealā€¦

2 Likes

This is a bonkers and absolute shortsighted change for developers with little to no scripting knowledge who mainly build/showcase (like myself) to have to code and design a system that handles all of this with so far very little help.

Is this yet another way for ROBLOX to push purchases of items and please investors in doing so?
What about those who rely on experiences for their incomes to suddenly be under risk for takedowns with less than a weeks notice?
What about those who have just started school/university or busy and donā€™t have time to commit to these changes?

6 Likes

Another day, another bad update from Roblox themselvesā€¦ I really do wonder what goes through their small brains when thinking of implementing updates like thisā€¦

Putting my statement aside though, I do beg that Roblox does not go through with this idiotic and possibly life ruining update (for those who pursue Roblox development as their 9-5).

I use NPCs in one of my games I donā€™t want my game or account being conflicted because of one update that forces me to change the way they look or force purchase prompts upon my player baseā€¦ I simply do not want to do thatā€¦

Also a week just to update your games?? I have a life outside of Roblox, Iā€™m still in education; the only day I get off from going to college is Tuesday. Which is not enough time for me to figure out what to do about this and then update my gameā€¦

For gods sake Robloxā€¦ Use your common sense and listen to your player base!

3 Likes

Roblox should be a platform that encourages collaboration & affiliate purchases but this is not the way to do it

2 Likes

Iā€™m in this exact boat

Iā€™ve been super busy recently and I shouldnā€™t have to pray that my dreams donā€™t get crushed

4 Likes