Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

Weird. Obviously this is a huge effect on all Roblox games.

I am pretty much agreeing with everyone else how odd this is. It just feels silly as a decision, and I’m a bit speechless how ridiculous it is that I am reading this and it’s real

9 Likes

You could always make custom models for stuff instead of using Roblox and UGC assets…

1 Like

According to the FAQ, this includes Roblox assets too? LMAO! NOBODY WEAR ANYTHING, THEY’LL HAVE TO CHECK YOUR INVENTORY TO MAKE SURE IT’S NOT PART OF THE GAME!

Seriously though, who thought this was a good idea? Some shareholder or something? Cause if so, Roblox should’ve never gone public. This is insane. And if it was an actual employee, holy hell fire them, preferably with a cannon, cause this is outrageous to even consider.

3 Likes

People don’t want to learn Blender for years to make something that looks good

2 Likes

Why should I need to? Me and I’m sure many others are already short on time with development as it is, adding a extra issue to worry about is preventing imagination, not powering it.

2 Likes

yeah, this was out of the ordinary. it felt weird at first, had to double read. maybe roblox is pushing people to make rthro/r15 games?

i love the r6 style. roblox shouldnt force developers to get rid of it. it adds a certain art style to games that rthro and r15 cant achieve.

1 Like

Please revert this, many tycoons, avatar creation tools, and just fun mess around games will be killed as they depend on using Roblox created gears

Games like Catalog Heaven are going to be smited, which will cause users to never experience them, this is a very bad take…

3 Likes

I have never seen such mutual disagreement to such an ill-advised update. Even the other ‘bad’ updates at least had some defenders, but there is only hatred for this update. Please. Make better decisions next time. Don’t push for dumb rules that only serve to annoy your developers even more.

4 Likes

I leave for a vacation and this is what I come back to?! They make every developer’s job 50x harder with every update like this, honestly, this should not be implemented at all.

3 Likes

Wonder what will happen. Do I need to remove this command?

1 Like

Oh yeah 100% see your point too. I have to do this stuff on the same amount of time as you while also trying to make a trailer for my game and finish last minute models before release, But for UGC creators this is a good change because some people do just steal their models and textures for own personal use with 0 credit to it.

Roblox should definitely give developers more time to either change the models or work on the UI this is even less time than when they did the audio update. And making models and UI is not an easy task for most…

1 Like

Watch as they deprecate InsertService (best service btw) :skull:

2 Likes

Without Theodore… I’m… I’m… Useless ;c

6 Likes

Roblox really be using their divine intervention to hinder the development for almost everyone. This is pretty detrimental.

1 Like

i don’t like where this is going…

1 Like

RIP car command.

3 Likes

Guys will my entire Roblox account get terminated? Because most of my experiences include Roblox’s assets from the marketplace.

1 Like

Roblox I love this new policy, keep up the good job! You will definitely lose millions of developers who put in a lot of effort to make this platform what it is. This is backfiring really bad for you guys.

1 Like

there’s this game called “sword fights on the heights” that you might want to look at, uses a ton of roblox gears

1 Like

This honestly sounds easily avoidable by just prompting the user to purchase worn items and then let them be. Why enforce this? Has any UGC creator made a complaint about their item being used in a random game or two, just because Roblox provides the API to grab it?

1 Like