Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

Sadly, yes, but you can already get banned since your game uses UGC created by the user @Basically_Griff

1 Like

I can understand that a UGC creator might not want offsale items to be used in other’s experiences, so I can go along with that, and the initial prompting to buy is ok as well.

However, the prominent option to buy as you are trying on the UGC will totally ruin immersion in a lot of games.

I feel that if only on sale items can be used, the exposure of the UGC to potential purchases is enough to compensate the UGC creators for us not having to keep a constant prominent purchase prompt on the screen.

2 Likes

The fun is over buddy. Put it all in the can.

6 Likes

This is honestly going to be a mess. If you don’t want people copying off-sale or roblox-made accessories, then don’t do this update. Enforcement of this update will crank the copying of items to an 11. And that’s just one of the many consequences…

3 Likes

it’s not allowed because it’s a gear, silly!!

2 Likes

this will happen when they find out we can insert hats into our game this way (not allowed !!!)

1 Like

Can you leave us alone for at least 5 microseconds pls

Y’all haven’t done that since 2021 and it is severely annoying for us developers.

2 Likes

InsertService is PEAK man, before 2014 i believe it could insert ANYTHING public on the model catalog, opening the door for users to submit their own models for certain types of games & use them in games that allow them to (of course absurdly abusable)

1 Like

If I can’t have Gork, Your Caveman Shoulder Friend then I guess there is nothing to live for.

1 Like

I learned it in a month but it was challenging. Definitely not harder than lua though.

1 Like

You’re reminding me of those old insert war games back when you had those blueprint gears. Lads would be giving themselves admin orbs and everything.

1 Like

Will they take actions on the assets contained in those assets like the sound contained in gears?

4 Likes

insert wars was PEAK and now you have to code a bot to fetch literally every model users request to insert if you wish to replicate it (robuyasu did it at some point, was pretty fun)

2 Likes

Not the cheezburger :frowning: I can’t believe you would do something like this Roblox. This game is getting worse and worse with these crappy updates trying to make the game realistic. Roblox was never meant to be realistic.

1 Like

I get that, but outright banning any off sale item and then threating moderation for using it is absolutely ridiculous, seeing as ROBLOX essentially owns everything on this platform (Terms of Use, User Terms, Article 6), it shouldn’t really be necessary. Unfortunately, it’s most likely a discreet way to boost sales for UGC items rather than user IP necessarily being their focus.

2 Likes

you may not use free models anymore without showing a purchase prompt

1 Like

Realizing everyone replying here will probably have their devforum account flagged at least once in the next 24h is crazy

2 Likes

Sure as hell sounds painful to do. Respect to that mad lad for keeping the niche alive.

1 Like

In memory of StarterPlayer.LoadCharacterAppearance = true.

or something

1 Like

My best wishes go out to all of you gentlemen, ladies, and otherwise. We have created a meaningful rebelllion.

1 Like