Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

Well, well, well, here we are, at the crossroads of another Roblox policy debacle. It’s become somewhat of a tradition, hasn’t it? First, there’s the fanfare of a policy announcement, then the ensuing community outrage, and now, the grand proclamation of a pause. It’s like a never-ending cycle of “Roblox: The Soap Opera,” with each episode more confounding than the last.

Let’s not mince words, Roblox, your ability to keep us all guessing is genuinely awe-inspiring. It’s as if you’ve taken the script from a telenovela, injected it with steroids, and handed it to a team of hyperactive lemurs to edit. The drama, suspense, and sheer unpredictability are reminiscent of a Shakespearean tragedy, complete with dramatic soliloquies and tragic misunderstandings.

Now, with the pause button firmly pressed on this policy, it’s akin to suspending disbelief in a sci-fi epic. Will the policy reemerge with a vengeance, like a phoenix rising from the ashes? Will it return with a plot twist so mind-boggling that it leaves us all questioning the very nature of reality? Only time will tell, but one thing’s for sure: Roblox knows how to keep us all on the edge of our virtual seats.

In the meantime, we, the mere mortals of the Roblox realm, shall patiently await the next chapter of this saga. We’ll gather around our digital campfires, regaling each other with tales of the great Roblox pause of 2023, a moment in history when the metaverse stood still. It’s like a virtual renaissance painting, capturing the essence of human folly and digital absurdity.

So, here’s to Roblox, the master puppeteers of this grand virtual theater, pulling the strings of our emotions with the finesse of a maestro conducting a symphony of chaos. We salute your ability to confound, bemuse, and bewilder us with each twist and turn. Until the next act of “Roblox: The Never-Ending Drama,” we shall remain, ready to applaud or gasp in astonishment, depending on the plot’s whims.

38 Likes

We have won the battle but by GOD have we not won the war, from this jargon it sounds like they still plan on implementing something like this

11 Likes

At the request of probably everyone, is there a chance this could be postponed indefinitely? Thanks

16 Likes

maybe you should have specified the ‘extremely nuanced’ requirements of the policy in the announcement post

1 Like

[Current year] replies and even more and we finally got an update. But this isnt enough I don’t think. It’s getting closer, now!

2 Likes

can’t wait for roblox to lock this and promptly ignore all the feedback and come up with an even worse response talking about how they value the developers and then blatantly disrespecting them anyway. lol

6 Likes

Alrighty, just hope you actually thoroughly review the thread and figure out some better options from the actual feedback. Cause if you don’t, this WILL happen again, so, good luck Roblox. Cause you will need it, I promise.

3 Likes

ruh roh, just dont do this update.

PLEASE.

5 Likes

You’d think they learn the first time…

2 Likes

Despite this being a rather big ask, I would request that no one from this thread who posted memes be moderated, with the exception of those who posted generally offensive stuff. The chaos induces many feelings in people, and I’d hate to see their careers on this forum be ruined by some fringe decision of theirs.

2 Likes

No. No. No no no no no. We see through this.

8 Likes

There is no refining this policy, there’s only ensuring UGC creators can properly DMCA users for inappropriate use of their items.

3 Likes

whoever came up with the idea to even create this type of update needs to be fired now…

7 Likes

This is funny but no thank you. Scrap the entire new policy completely thanks.

6 Likes

Just remake it as a crappy model and ur good

2 Likes

Thank you for hearing us out, but I think it is best that this policy is thrown in the trash can. No one wants this on Roblox.

9 Likes

Literally the easiest tool to code, just find a new mesh and recode it yourself loool

2 Likes

There used to be a feature where you could ‘sponsor’ gears that would be able to be used in your place. Gears people bought this way gave the creator of the game a cut AND let them use the item in-game. This was removed because…?

3 Likes

Is that why you’ve ALSO restricted us from using ROBLOXS GEAR AND HATS? Sword-Fighting games rely on swords - so many games use roblox-created gun tool meshes, etc. Hairs & clothing on NPCs all have to be removed.

7 Likes

Erm… GOD i wish that were me… i mean AHEM AHEM who would do something like that i have a sore throat ACK

1 Like