Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

I’m glad this did not turn out this way unlike the audio privacy stuff. We still need to know why you’re doing this.

1 Like

Sword Fight on the Heights has fallen. Millions must… uhhh… walk at each other and try to push each other off the platforms!

1 Like

watch all these replies just get read by ai that’ll make another response to everything

2 Likes

Unacceptable and inexplicable. Popular rejection speaks for itself.

4 Likes

Following popular opinion has never been ROBLOX’s strong suit…

5 Likes

i’m gonna be honest i don’t even think we’re talking about this horrible idea of an update anymore

2 Likes

Sometimes not even rejection from the community is enough to make them do anything. It’s surprising that they did anything at all this time around.

2 Likes

No way this is real :skull::skull::speaking_head:

Ok seriously though, we need a more adequite deadline if this comes back. ONE week is not enough time. I repeat, ONE week is not enough time.

2 Likes

hey roblox, no one liked this

(i need more characters to post)

1 Like

You actually bring up a solid point, if the intent is for just primarily protecting ugc then what’s the big idea with roblox owned assets?

We’ve been allowed to use their animations, sounds (a whole library of them mind you) and now they decide that something as simple as hats and gears are now off limits?

7 Likes

Exactly what I was gonna say so real

1 Like

pause? so its probably inevitably going to roll out anyways?

3 Likes

If the goal was to harm the experience for as MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE, congratulations ROBLOX, you’re doing a good job. I’m scared, because historically it’s always proven impossible to convince ROBLOX to change their mind on a bad decision… This harms UGC creators, developers, and players. This affects SO many genres on this platform because almost EVERY newer game at this point uses UGC items, and depending on how you interpret the wording this could be a huge inconvenience at best and could ruin hundreds to thousands of games at worst. Not to mention the RIDICULOUS time frame we’re being given. A LOT OF THINGS are going to need to be reworked or altered to comply, and we’re given until September 27?! Developers have lives outside of ROBLOX too you know! Not only is there a considerable amount of programming required, ESPECIALLY for less experienced creators, but we’re given a week? Not to mention, the issue of how these terms will be enforced to begin with, but that’s a whole other can of worms!

My dear friends at ROBLOX, please reconsider this change. Developers, players, and UGC creators, please join me in making as much noise as possible. The chances are slim, but this is the only way to make ROBLOX have even the slightest chance of listening. I really hope you start using these forums to listen to the community someday, because I get more and more worried that the platform which I’ve dedicated so much time to is going to go downhill. Don’t just read a couple of comments saying, “this is probably okay” and use it as justification for this update. Take a second to listen to ALL of our feedback and reevaluate this change, because ROBLOX NEEDS to listen to its community in order for the platform to improve.

Please, ROBLOX. The time I have dedicated to this platform is one of my prides. I love being a developer, but this is just nonsense…

6 Likes

pluh this not good why robok not happy i am not

2 Likes

this is terrible, after the sound update last march, the decisions made by this platform have been worse and worse
very disappointing and i hope they reconsider this

5 Likes

why was this actually even considered

4 Likes

You literally have a gear that breaks this TOS (Body swap potion as mentioned before)

I also have 2 moves in my game that would have to be reworked if this change was made.

1. A move that swaps positions and appearances with all players around for a few seconds to confuse people during a fight. Do I have to rework this move because it technically lets people wear UGC they dont own for a few seconds. Do you seriously want me to prompt a UGC purchase before using this move? Do I have to ban UGC in my game just because of this move?

2. A move that lets you disguise as other players copying their name and clothing. Do I have to again prompt purchases for UGC just to disguise as a player wearing UGC? Or should I be forced to just ban UGC clothing in my game if I want this to even work. I cant just remove the UGC clothing when you disguise as someone because that defeats the entire purpose since you no longer look like them.

I know roblox is good at listening to community feedback so I hope this change doesn’t go through and I hope my valid points dont get silenced in the influx of replies as I think I made some very valid points here. Thanks for listening.

6 Likes

Rare W from Roblox??? wtf

1 Like

roblox finding out that killing their platform is a bad change and that it generates a lot of backlash:

1 Like

Don’t worry, guys! At least custom characters are fine! As long as they’re not rthro.

3 Likes