Experiences using Marketplace Items - Policy update

Here waiting for more news regarding the planned UGC Marketplace changes, like reverting them or making a more sensible approach to it but instead you guys carry on showing how little you care about the community.
I cannot even imagine how DISCONNECTED you have to be from your own platform to continue to make such awful updates, simply disgusting and pathetic.
It seems none of the higher ups learned about what happened to Unity, or they simply do not know how to run Roblox properly and it shows.

5 Likes

please stop trying to make the ugc catalog into something stupid and just use your brains and fix it

7 Likes

I guess im just f*ked then, my game has over 800 items all using retextures of Roblox-uploaded packages/accessories. Lol the fact Iā€™m expected to change all of those in a week is laughable

32 Likes

please roblox. please. stop making bad decisions for just a week. please.

8 Likes

If they are gonna policy change like release update something bad will force people to add games usually users about entirely UGC Creators developers has also change. This is terrible updates, but if not gonna trust of these changes until they reverted it.

6 Likes

The trend where ROBLOX pushes drastic mandates and say ā€œTehe, we donā€™t have the tools to support our changes. So have fun slaving away~ā€ ROBLOX NEEDS TO STOP PUSHING UPDATES WITHOUT THE ā€œHOLISTICā€ TOOLS FOR US TO COMPLY. This is essentially telling us as developers to mow the 5 acre lawn in 3 hours but expecting us to get it done with scissors.

14 Likes

I donā€™t know if anyone has this pointed out already, but the ~8 day period in which all ā€œviolatingā€ content must be removed is very alarming, especially considering the countless games that donā€™t receive active updates that are now at risk for deletion if this policy update goes through

4 Likes

The fact that you guys still havenā€™t made UGC Limiteds resellable in-game, and plan on transitioning all items to Limited Quantities next year (as mentioned in RDC) would mean that all items would eventually have to be prevented from being used in experiences when they run out of stock.

Why canā€™t we be able to sell avatar items that are only going for resale in our experiences? The Marketplace Fees and Commissions documentation states that the affiliate of a limited resale is entitled to 10% of the earnings

However, as only Roblox is allowed to resell community-created limiteds on their own marketplace, us creators are losing out on the extra 10% earning potential from being able to prompt purchase the resale of UGC Limited items in our experiences

28 Likes

Moderation on this site is already a risk factor for developers trying to do any work on this site, we donā€™t need these extra impositions. It feels like nobody genuinely thought this decision over.

6 Likes

Please, I wouldnā€™t mind if it was just having us provide a way to purchase items from the catalog, but to force us to show a ā€œbuy nowā€ pop-up every time someone tries something on is absolutely ridiculous. Itā€™s going to kill my tiny rp game either by not getting it implemented correctly in the VERY short time given, or by annoying my players so badly they leave.

5 Likes

Is this an out of season April foolā€™s joke? I cannot believe what Iā€™m actually reading here.

I can assure you I will not be spamming a player to buy something just to use it in game, itā€™s just simply not going to happen.

Feel free to put our places under review otherwise in the event that this gets carried out and enforced, I will not be making it up to date to comply with this change, it will simply be stuck in limbo.

This is not a good user experience, this is how one kills a platform.

If a UGC creator is that upset over a game instance using their stuff, then they can simply reach out, heck my contact info is in my about blurb on the website, so is many others as well.

Sending a takedown notice is also something worth mentioning should it get to that point.

I will comply with either.

It should not be ROBLOX job to enforce this prematurely.

The fact weā€™re being hit with this while ROBLOX continues to fail at keeping the catalog clean from folks that re-uploads items and just straight up ripping off other items rather it be from the ROBLOX account or other UGC members is insane.

Might I also mention the occasional ripping off of assets outside of ROBLOX?

Thereā€™s an account for this on twitter that goes over UGC stuff being ripped off and stolen like this. ^

Once again they decided to show how tone deaf they are listening to us!

Time and time again I continue coming back here to rant about a change that hurts the platform let alone NOBODY asked for.

I guess classic ROBLOX items arenā€™t allowed anymore either from what I understand, so rip classic face hangout because that has a face picker, feel free to put that under review.

My suggestion is to just please drop this absurd idea, this is pretty insane.

P.S I guess rip Catalog Heaven and Catalog Avatar Creator, along with gear revival places such as Gear/Hat Testing Place should they go out with this, I guess ill add this change to the Stupidest ideas awards ceremonyā„¢ video that I plan, ig ROBLOX really wants to win a bunch of awards.

I was actually going to say whoever made this idea needs to be let go for being stupidly incompetent, but someone else beat me to this already.

I was actually looking forward to the dark sea update. I guess that isnā€™t happening if this goes through lol, and this overall gives me less of a reason to log on and play ROBLOX apart from developing here, rip AO if that happens.

TL;DR I ainā€™t complying with this update LOL you can forget it and If Iā€™m going to be punished for this then so be it.

23 Likes

Why would you think that this is a good idea, Roblox?

9 Likes

Quite possibly the most absurd and detrimental policy with zero prior communication I have ever seen put into practice by Roblox. This will be devastating for a myriad of developers; your DevReal team is a joke. Be better.

5 Likes

How does this affect the use of Roblox-created assets? Historically Roblox created assets have been used by many game devs to create assets for their game, give awards, etc. Think every obby ever that provides gear at the end, games that use Roblox gear meshes, games like Super Nostalgia Zone and RetroStudio that sell Roblox hats using their own currencies, etc.

7 Likes

man of the house has joined the chatā€¦

6 Likes

What about offsale Roblox created assets? Does this just apply to UGC or is this everything?

5 Likes

Not only this update is pointless, the update is also noticed in a very short amount of time + breaking changes for using assets from Robloxā€™s ā€œMarketplaceā€. Also not letting games to actually using the off-sale items actually pretty absurd, pointless and a lot of games has to implement workarounds just for their game be able to have an off-sale item in their game. And simply ā€œreport them if they use any off-sale items in their gameā€ is actually screwed at best. What about these old game developers that abandoned their game? Now they had to update this so they wonā€™t get moderated. This is a literal joke.

6 Likes

Ya I might have to sell if Iā€™m gonna get anything back at least

4 Likes

This is such a horrible update honestly. Wondering how much more stuff you can ruin later on in the years.

4 Likes

Why? Who does this benefit? Who asked for this? This will completely destroy experiences like Catalog Avatar Creator which has been officially promoted by roblox as recent as RDCā€¦ Iā€™d say please reconsider, but I think everybody knows thatā€™s not happening :confused:

6 Likes