Exploit Prevention Update

You’re right, Hyperion detects all of those incredibly well and publicly released cheats are pretty much all detected. However detection means nothing from a developer’s perspective. We have zero way to leverage it and the ban waves are too limp-wristed and spread out to make a dent. Exploiters are returning, metrics show an uptrend all throughout this year. It is reaching levels about equal with pre-UWP Hyperion. It is clear that this ‘detection’ doesn’t deter anyone when you can simply hop to an alt or wait the one-day and go right back to injecting.

Hyperion either needs make a significant step forward with an EAC-like low-level component or start taking ban waves more seriously. Check out Apoc Rising 2’s ban stats, which are public. It’s climbing back rapidly thanks to free executors existing unpatched.
This is an over 1500% increase compared to December. Something has to change here. Usermode Hyperion worked great, past tense. It’s clearly not enough anymore.

I still believe an opt-in kernel/driver level client is the best move, which Bitdancer also thought about a while back. Games like bubble popper simulator won’t be impacted while the most competitive games can choose whether or not they want to enable it.

1 Like

so, still byfron is running very strong, but some clowns are using a new executor, this executor is called “Wave”, please come up with a patch for this executor, I’m tired of cheaters :frowning:

3 Likes

These Executors such as Wave, Solara , Electron, … will always find a way to bypass the Hyperion detection, the only way to “fight” against these people is by reporting them. Roblox can send a C&D to the “owner/s” of such exploits what will reduce the ammout of exploits. If you want to “fight” against exploiters in your game/s, you would need to create and use your own anti cheat. If Hyperion is gonna run on kernel level, then it will be possible to “fight” against exploits, but currently it doesn’t what makes it useless.

3 Likes

I can assure you that all those exploits are detected, they’ve merely bypassed the frontline of detections which forces a crash, most of hyperion’s detections are silent and build up a nice list of exploiters which eventually get banned

2 Likes

first, how about you fix the trash moderation and pay more than your lunch money for artificial intelligence?

5 Likes

@DyzuOfficial @MaxGamingYT129 Remember that ROBLOX is for kids, not for professional adult gamers: kernel level would require admin priviliges, meaning if the kid’s PC doesnt have admin privs (because maybe its a school PC) then he is basically screwed.
Also kernel anticheat has many problems including:

Also ROBLOX can easily go evil with that and can secretly steal all the data from nonaware kids.
So i am

1 Like

Question about alt detection, if anybody was exploiting before this update would they still be banned?

1 Like

I think not, probably because the system that detects alts is… well… you still need to add to your game by yourself.

2 Likes

Oh yeah byfron isn’t that good at alt detection, but I was just wondering about the banning on the roblox.

I will still be protecting my own game from exploiters though.

The thing is: The thing that is detecting alts isnt Byfron at all. Its just BanAsync and thats it. And it bans only from the game. At least for now.

Also I think banning all the alts can hurt normal players too…

Oh I was asking about the actual banning from the website by byfron. If anyone exploited before the update would they be banned? Was my question.

Think about it: Remember that if Byfron detects user exploiting, then it adds him to the database. Everyone in the database gets banned on ban wave day. After the update they can just update the database and genocide exploiters.

So everyone who was exploiting before the update has been added to the database?

Thats was my simplified way of explaining basically what is going on. Maybe they do this differently, but i see a pattern. Just do some research, and think how everything works. You can DM me obviously: because

Where can I research this please?

We typically have a meeting beforehand and decide how far we go back. The data we have collected goes back to when we started using Hyperion. It is up to us how we use it.

At the moment, Hyperion does not perform any alt detection.

1 Like

Oh alright, thank you for the clarification. And thanks for adding an anitcheat system like this, it’s really helpful.

1 Like

This should be a must, ofc the most exploiters will use an alt account to bypass bans (+/- VPN), Byfron should have an alt detection using the hwid of the device. I don’t know the reason why Roblox isn’t simply just sending to the “creators” a C&D or at least a Subpoena request to Discord as almost all “exploits” got an Discord server. I’m sure this is gonna stop public exploits but as i said it seems like Roblox doesn’t really care about fighting against “Exploits” using the legal way.

Roblox is a Kids Game
Yes, you’re not wrong. But fact is that the most exploiters are “Kids”, i don’t see any problems in having to give the Roblox application/ Launcher Admin permissions, there are hundreds of Roblox scams / exploits but currently Roblox does nothing beside a bunch of changes in Byfron.