Exploit Prevention Update

The policy needs to move to 1 day > 1 year > permanent no reset, minimum.

Also, @Bitdancer - any word on next banwave?

2 Likes

I heard that Roblox issuing a C&D is expensive legally as it has to go through their legal team, so they’d need to justify the cost for issuing one against every skiddy executor out there and prove that said executor is impacting them enough for it to be worth it.
Hopefully stuff changes soon regardless, Hyperion seems practically nonexistent with all the executors available and the lack of bans. Unfortunate.

First, to send anyone a C&D Roblox would need their data, it is for them cheaper on long term if they send a subpoena to discord that includes all ids and usernames from the “owners” of the exploits or admins and then it will be easier to send a C&D without really making any loss.

1 day to 1 year? thats definetely not happening.

And I am saying once again in a simplified way because you didnt get it: If Byfron devs would implement kernel shenanigans, then 99.9% of the <13 playerbase would quit roblox instantly.

I dont see how an opt-in kernel component for those who make desktop-only competitive games would somehow negatively impact Roblox’s playercount. Fortnite’s EAC has a kernel component and it’s the most popular game in the world. Nobody is suggesting an always-on kernel driver, not even Bitdancer who was the original one who brought up the idea:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/why-isnt-hyperion-an-anti-cheat/2840095/17

This is not negativ, as long as it is only for desktop devices it is good to loose this type of playerbase.

Counter argument: Fortnite kids cant play Fortnite at school, while Roblox kids can.

1. “kids” can play any games at school, i don’t know what school has to do with that
  2. The most exploits are for desktops what will reduce massiv the ammout of exploiters, ofc they can and will switch to andoid devices however it is important to reduce the ammout of exploits
2 Likes

oh boy… this is gna end well LMAOO

2 Likes

Aww yep. That “Latte” guy is a genuis troller.

1. Admin powers, admin powers, and again, admin powers are required to play games with kernel
  2. Nah