Explorer being over truncated

I’m not sure if I’ve done everything correctly but setting the flag didn’t work for me - probably I messed something up.

I created a folder in C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Roblox\Versions\version-some-id\ClientSettings. Inside it I made a file called ‘ClientAppSettings.json’. The contents of the file:

{
	"ExplorerPackageIconColumn2": "False"
}

Setting it to "ExplorerPackageIconColumn2": false didn’t work either.

4 Likes

thats a roblox mod not a studio mod

1 Like

Can you tell me the correct file name/ folder name for it to be a Studio flag?

1 Like

Was trying to manually modify some flags in Studio myself today, to do with the new next gen UI. Studio Mod Manager is broken for me right now, hence why I had to do it manually, and I had a lot of trouble figuring out how to make the flags work… still haven’t figured it out up until now.

I tried the solution here but upon starting up Studio the flags I changed would just reset to their original values:

Although this is very unrelated to the OP, a mini tutorial on how to manually edit Studio FFlags would be awesome if anyone, including engineers, knows how :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, this will be appreciated greatly.

1 Like

I actually don’t know. if you find out let me know!

1 Like

A bit of a non-update, but according to the team that owns the flag, this is an intentional design choice as part of the new package improvements, so they’ve currently decided to not roll this back.

They said they will prioritize addressing community feedback on it though - if ya’ll have any, this announcement post is prob a good place to send it.

Sorry for not being able to do more to help with this at the moment!

3 Likes

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Been having the same issue for around 3 days now, but i think only in explorer, might be other things too.
RobloxStudioBeta_G8mLCL9fhH

2 Likes

Please fix this, it’s very very annoying.

1 Like

There is no design benefit to this feature, it just means more problems for people with different screen sizes and for people who use explorer in small sizes. It’s hard for developers to be happy with this feature (I’m personally not happy with it either).

2 Likes

i’m being so tired of studio getting under my skin each Wednesday when you guys release your silly “useless design choices” to the public. how is this even beneficial to us? we have to over-expand our explorer window, and since I don’t have a second monitor and I like to watch videos in the background, it takes a lot more space than intended. the explorer takes up nearly 40% of my editing space in this case, image attached.

i’m trying to streamline my process as well as i can, by coding and building at the same time which helps me get things done, but there’s always updates like explorer truncation where it all gets worse.

not all updates are good for personal preferences, and people should understand that.

in all of that, THE ADD OBJECT BUTTON GETS COVERED BY THE TRUNCATION AS WELL. this takes some really idiotic thinking to pull off, why would you hide a RELIABLE FEATURE used by developers like ME because of your standards?

and before you say: “oh, just use the right-click feature!”, i’ve gotten really used to this process a lot of times and i’m against changing it. i’ve worked in studio for a long time, and seeing changes like this progressively making a nuisance in editing provides just enough melancholy to my existence in this community for me to break. the new-gen ui is a good update in my opinion, yes, but that’s about purely design-based updates. changing existing elements’ functionality like the tab you’ve been using for the majority of your development is just purely inane. considering the fact this change showed up completely unprompted in my environment, let’s just say i’ve had enough. this isn’t the only “useful update” that gave me this utter infuriation, believe me. and you might have experienced this as well.

with that, thanks for listening to my little ted talk.

4 Likes

Yes I also have this issue I don’t know what happened, I can across this issue after updating studio recently.

After changing ExplorerPackageIconColumn2 to False this seems to be disabled.

so like… is this really an intentional design decision? are we just expected to make the explorer panel ginormous now for it to be actually usable?

3 Likes

pretty much, head here to show your distaste, we already have 35 votes!

2 Likes

yes, this is very terrible and annoying, i wonder what the name of these are:

i liked the horizontal scroll bar better, bring it back

2 Likes

i already gave a rant here, so i’m not gonna yap, but this is insanely annoying to say the least

Same happened to me after the recent update

Hey folks, the related feature causing this bug has been rolled back, the explorer column truncation should be fixed.

4 Likes