Explorer being over truncated

with the latest Roblox studio update my explorer is being truncated way to far to the left, and makes it much more awkward to use as i am constantly having to resize my windows instead of leaving them where they are as i usually do.
this occurs anywhere inside of the latest studio release.

latest stable studio release: no beta features

Expected behavior

I expect it to only start truncating near the very end of the explorer, near the scrollbar.

2024-07-11_23-50-06

A private message is associated with this bug report

48 Likes

I also have this bug, but even worse, itll start way too early, to the point where it takes up about 25% of my screen. Started happening after the most recent update.

9 Likes

I’m also having this issue, it affects the property window as well. I do not know who in their right mind thought this was a good idea, there was no issue with how it used to work? This is a downgrade not an upgrade. I want to be able to read the object/property name fully even if its cut off. This change has to be reverted. It’s extremely annoying and infuriating to use now.

7 Likes

Can confirm, this is also happening to me.

7 Likes

No horizontal scroll bar to speak of

8 Likes

I,ve got the same problem too, and it is a constant annoyance as I have lots of assets in my game and cannot find them as they eventually get cut off in explorer, the horizontal side scroller has disappeared as well making it more inconvenient.

8 Likes

I use studio with my laptop, it has very limited screen space.
I am experiencing this bug and because of it, developing has been very inconvenient!
I barely can see the logo of a descendant under 4 parents, Roblox needs to fix this immediately.

7 Likes

Hope this issue gets fixed, because I’m experiencing this too. RIP to the people with smaller monitors

5 Likes

Having the same issue here. Unknown why it happens.

2 Likes

I had the same issue on macOS last night. Super annoying

4 Likes

Same over here, my efficiency reached the basement.

3 Likes

Happy to know i’m not the only one who is experiencing this. Has anyone found any temp fixes before Roblox patch it?

4 Likes

Found the flag that seems to be causing the issue. Will reach out to the team that owns it about rolling it back. I’ll post any updates here!

13 Likes

In the meantime, could you send that flag here so that we can change it ourselves? Thanks!

4 Likes

Yup, the flag is ExplorerPackageIconColumn2

Edit: Just for awareness, seems like turning this flag off could potentially break the package improvements here.

9 Likes

@Tanks_altNum1 Hey - I don’t suggest marking the post above as a solution as if this issue isn’t fixed in 14 days for whatever reason (albeit I doubt it), the thread will be auto-locked. You should mark a solution once the bug has been fully resolved :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I’m not sure if I’ve done everything correctly but setting the flag didn’t work for me - probably I messed something up.

I created a folder in C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Roblox\Versions\version-some-id\ClientSettings. Inside it I made a file called ‘ClientAppSettings.json’. The contents of the file:

{
	"ExplorerPackageIconColumn2": "False"
}

Setting it to "ExplorerPackageIconColumn2": false didn’t work either.

4 Likes

thats a roblox mod not a studio mod

1 Like

Can you tell me the correct file name/ folder name for it to be a Studio flag?

1 Like

Was trying to manually modify some flags in Studio myself today, to do with the new next gen UI. Studio Mod Manager is broken for me right now, hence why I had to do it manually, and I had a lot of trouble figuring out how to make the flags work… still haven’t figured it out up until now.

I tried the solution here but upon starting up Studio the flags I changed would just reset to their original values:

Although this is very unrelated to the OP, a mini tutorial on how to manually edit Studio FFlags would be awesome if anyone, including engineers, knows how :sweat_smile:

1 Like