Explorer icons turn fully white when selected

Reproduction Steps

1. Open Roblox Studio and open any file or a new Baseplate file.
2. Select any item through the Explorer widget/window.

Expected Behavior

When selecting an object in the Explorer widget/window I only expect the selected row to turn blue, such as in the image below.
studio_normal

Actual Behavior

The current broken behavior also turns the icon to the left fully white. See the image below.

studio_broken

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Display
Impact: Low
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-11-17 00:11:00 (+01:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-11-17 00:11:00 (+01:00)

16 Likes

I started experiencing the same issue around 1:00 AM EST today.

3 Likes

This seems to be in production, as I have betas disabled and am also getting this issue.

2 Likes

I am also experiencing this issue, even after I tried swapping the icons to some custom ones instead.

2 Likes

This doesn’t seem like a bug at all, it looks kind of cool? But I guess it would be useful to have a setting to turn this feature off, as you seem not to like it. With the old icons it looks bad, though.

7 Likes

This appears to be an intentional change by Roblox; The only way to disable it is to set an FFlag to false, according to this post:

Like many things, Roblox should just add this as an option in Studio Settings; I don’t see the point of potentially forcing this on all developers in the future instead of giving them a choice.

2 Likes

If roblox added a setting to toggle something off that only a few people in the community didn’t like, there would be about 50 more settings, and a lot more conditions to check in code. Why would roblox go through the effort to do that? They already did enough by making an update for us.