Explorer tab, went of screen and I can no longer get it back

Reproduction Steps

So, the way I did it is I just messed around with the pin and non pin stuff still my explorer tab just went missing my best guess its that it went off screen and I can no longer get it back.

Expected Behavior

I’ve expected to use the explorer tab again and for it to be visible again, and Ive tried reinstalling studio like 4 times and deleting the logs and it did not work.

Actual Behavior

The explorer tab just isn’t there I have no idea why and I can’t seem to get it back.

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Display
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-09-29 05:09:00 (+03:00)

1 Like

You can bind the reset layout function to a key combo, or add it to your quick access toolbar. That might get your widget back onscreen.

Also please take careful note of the categories you submit bug reports to. This is clearly not an engine bug, this is Studio.

1 Like

Where can i find the reset layout function? and i just thought this was engine, my bad!

File > Advanced > shortcuts (or something similar), or the quick access toolbar in the top left corner with the bar of small icons, there is a down arrow button up there that opens a little menu. You can search for it in the window that opens.

Still isn’t visible. even if I reset the view

1 Like

Delete the registry key Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Roblox\RobloxStudio to reset your studio layout.

1 Like

I am having the same issue. I made my output window disappear accidentally by:

1. Docking it to the bottom middle
  2. Pinning it
  3. Open it (and it takes full screen width instead of being clamped between my left side widgets and right side widgets)
  4. Unpinning it

This works for any widget. Restarting Studio doesn’t fix it but deleting the registry does.

I’ve just wanted to state that the solution was found, you can simply uninstall it from settings and re install it and it fixes it.

1 Like