Export selection doesn't export meshparts

It appears you can only export meshes from studio if you were the original uploader select each mesh and export it individually. (Right Click → Export Selection)

This is extremely problematic because none of our rendering artists can use assets from our games so we have to track down the original uploader for the sourcefiles if we didn’t collect them originally.

Exporting this:

Gives this:

2 Likes

Could you send the model? I’ve had similar issues and i was only able to export them by ungrouping them from any regular parts.

1. Does this have any difference if you go to File > Advanced > Export to obj, instead of exporting the selection?

2. Silly thing, but try exporting multiple times, using the same file name each time, overwriting it. Sometimes unions and such don’t export, and during one of my previous tasks was informed that was one way to still export them, even if it’s a bit annoying. It might work here too?

I noticed that it works when you try exporting it twice. Somehow it always works when a mesh is exported a 2nd time within the same Studio session for me. (not related to the mesh owner though)

Exporting each mesh individually seemed to do the trick. But maybe this is because it was my “2nd export” which people are also saying works. I’ll try it on a clean session.

Edit: Seems to export on the clean session if I select each mesh individually.

I’ll add a ticket about being unable to export multiple objects.