Exporting a model/rig from studio into Blender to animate

Hello,

As the title suggests, I am simply wanting to take a custom rig I have in studio and somehow export it into Blender. Is there maybe some plugin I need for that? Or is there just anyway to do that?

Any and all help is heavily appreciated. I want to get into Blender animations after having put them off for years, so it’s about time I bite the bullet. If anybody has anything they can help me with that’d mean the world.

Thank you for your time and patience. Stay safe.

3 Likes
1 Like

I’ve tried watching videos like those on youtube, but after installing the plugin as directed, I still do not see the tab whatsoever, not sure why. Could just be outdated.

2 Likes

I’m doing the full:

Change .txt > .py
v
Blender
v
Edit
v
Preferences
v
Addons
v
Install
v
.py file
v
exporting using blender anim plugin on roblox
v
the RBX Animations tab simply doesn’t exist in blender. No idea why. I’m running version 4.1.1 of Blender.

2 Likes

Its in the import tab. after you import it as a RBX rig then, with your rig slected, click N for the animations tab

3 Likes

I tried following this video and when I try to import the model it gives me an error regarding the armature. I wish roblox wasn’t such a horrid platform, everything is so complicated for 0 reason.

whats the error???

did you try resolving the error?

It seems to have somthing to do with either the name of the object or the ViewLayer.

Also try searching up your problem to see if anyone else had the smae one. Try looking in the comment section of the vid.

1 Like

Every comment was mainly just “Thanks dude you’re the best” and “You’re so helpful”

Found a video that I think answers why I’m having this issue: I need an older version of blender since I’ve seen people with 2.8 and and 3.5 do it just fine, but as someone using 4.1, it just gives me errors, might have to rollback.

1 Like