Extend scale for "Select" tool over than 512x512

Hello fellow developers! :cowboy_hat_face:

As of now, it is hard to replicate and scale the Select tool from its original size which would be 512x512 and hard to have that scale larger than that such as 1024x1024 or maybe 700x700 which isn’t possible in today’s standards.

Anyway, having the Select tool is a nice priority for many terrain developers since the maximum size is like an entire baseplate which is nice but an option like the Sea Level tool can extend bigger than the baseplate or maybe 4 baseplates can be very useful and help for many developers who use terrain at the moment.

Videos:

As you can see on the videos above me, you can’t scale beyond the entire baseplate on X, Y, and Z when using the Select tool at all which is very painful and you have to use Copy and Paste in order to accomplish such a task when you could scale 2450x2450 that saves you many minutes and hours.

^ Would love the same thing to happen for Sea Level with the numbers so it can benefit a lot of developers.

If this was a feature and the ability to scale farther than 512x512, this would improve a lot on how developers can scale and use the tool because it can benefit many developers including me when scaling a lot of land onto studio.

2 Likes

Haha, I see where you got the inspiration. I was working on a commission for somebody, and it got really annoying to use the region tool due to it’s limited size.

I used Part to Terrain as an alternative, but that is not the best solution anymore! Instead, use the new replace tool instead. It has a size of up to 16384 x 16384 x 16384, which is massive.

Last thing I’d like to say is there’s already a pretty similar feature request for this. Consider bumping that one instead?

Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Realistically, that is somewhat similar to what I’m requesting with removing the size limit, but what I’m really asking is to have some sort of feature similar to Sea Level with changing the X, Y, and Z which could be beneficial.

I guess that just explains and wants a larger region when using the Select tool which is nice but typing down numbers would be kind of handy.

2 Likes