Ability to rotate terrain on all angles instead of 90 on X, Y, Z

Howdy!

As an average developer, the ability to rotate terrain inside studio is overall something most developers might use or want something similar to how we can rotate parts inside studio.

As you can see above me, that is the current rotating tool that is for terrain which only rotates 90 on X, Y and Z. I don’t think anyone uses this terrain tool ever as we can use select or Copy ~ Paste to scale and move terrain.

Yes, there are plugins out there such as this one and this but I don’t want to download 2-3 terrain plugins for the sake of what plugins are useful to use and what not to use every day. You could also convert from part ~ terrain, but I don’t really want to do that as I could mess up on something when doing this as I could select a random brick and then realize it after and have to possibly do some undo-ing or deleting.

If this was a feature to terrain and the ability to set how many degrees we can rotate terrain, it would improve a lot of developers because I could use the rotate tool more often and not to use the Convert tool a lot in some of my projects and buils.

18 Likes

Yes, yes! Region is already a terrible tool due to it’s puny maximum selection box of 512 x 512, and it could definitely use some upgrades. (-‸ლ)

Most times a developer wouldn’t want to move terrain by 90 degrees. Have a tor (large rock column) and want to change the angle very slightly? Too bad! You can’t use the terrain editor. It will need manual editing.

Please, add this. Thank you!〔´∇`〕

3 Likes

Does anyone know of any plugins that have a wider selection range and rotation.

1 Like