Ez NPC | MMO NPC System Handler

Hey everyone, so I’m here to provide a new resource to the community which you can call it “Ez NPC”. The point of this project is to help those who have trouble with their NPC system in MMO games.

USAGE
This purpose of this MMO NPC System Handler is to help starting new developers start a game without worrying about NPC Optimization as well as compatibility with their game. I’ve developed this system to be as flexible as possible to support other back end code. The system is completely Server Sided and supports Humanoids. This is to help with easier setup.

I will keep everyone updated on this thread on new updates and etc. Feel free to reply for help / setup.

The system utilizes “Spawners” to determine when NPC’s are active and when it is necessary to show NPC’s. This is a common tactic used in many games to reduce the amount of the active npcs.

The main target audience for this resource is those who are creating a anime game (or in general any games that are grindy that requires defeating npcs)

FEATURES

• Customizable Update Intervals For NPCS

• Easily Apply Humanoid Properties

• MiscData to support games that require customization (You have an option to create instances and supports subtables, this can be utilized for states of NPC’s or just simply data such as kill rewards and etc)

• Supports Custom Death Functions and Attack Functions for more complex NPC’s

• And much more

SOURCE

MODEL

NOTEABLE GAMES

19 Likes

Version 0.01 Update

• Fixed a bug regarding NPC’s not respawning
  • Fixed a bug where NPC’s “Float” off (DO NOT EVER PARENT NPC’S TO SERVER STORAGE, THIS HAS CAUSED ME SO MUCH PROBLEMS)
  • Fixed animations not loading.
  • You no longer have to put both MaxHealth and Health property in humanoid properties. All you need is MaxHealth

I’d like to say if you do ever use this in your game and you want me to list this under “Notable Games”, feel free to leave a reply.

1 Like

I will most definitely give this a try in my future MMO game, i’ll give you some feedback. Thanks for this amazing work!

1 Like

Nice this works a lot better than the one I quickly threw together will definitely be using this, thanks!

1 Like

No problem,

one more thing to everyone, you can have pre existing NPC’s to manually override their spawn points if you don’t like how the AI randomly spawns near their spawner. The script will find the nearest spawner and assign that npc to that spawner.

Version 0.02 Update

• Fixed a bug that made the NPC visually lag when rotating towards you, (method is to pre create a BodyGyro to rotate the NPC while enabling to move)
  • Added a NPC_CAN_JUMP property to Properties, this will allow npcs to jump if there is a obstacle in the way. (Method is to cast a small ray)
  • Other Minor Changes

Note
Feel free to reply with feature requests or bugs and I will look into it when I have the time. The GitHub has also been updated to the most recent Version.

1 Like

Could you possibly make a short demo with a opened source game? This would help devs like me very much with trying to figure out how to make it work!

2 Likes

Pretty cool stuff. Definetly could come in handy for a future project.

1 Like

What? How does the link help I cannot find anything

1 Like

I like it but i think you need to add pictures and and maybe a tutorial maybe would be nice i like it! it really easy to use but i still think there should be a tutorial.

2 Likes