Failed to load Animation - sanitized ID

+1 to this, yesterday animations i uploaded appeared in my inventory, today they do not and using the ID anyways throws this error.
edit: seems to have sorted itself out after a few minutes, the animations were added into my inventory after a delay and everything seems to work fine.

2 Likes

+1 to this too, its currently happening to me. Old animations work but new ones arenā€™t loading in at all. Spitting out an unrelated ID.

I got the anims under my profile in a game under my profile as well

4 Likes

I thought I was the only one experiencing this, was making animations for a boss fight and was hit with this error, I am hoping it gets patched soonā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m also getting the same error.

2 Likes

Just got the same error, after uploading the animation it didnā€™t show up in my inventory.
ŠøŠ·Š¾Š±Ń€Š°Š¶ŠµŠ½ŠøŠµ

3 Likes

Just tried uploading an animation. Same thing pops up. Is roblox trying to get rid of us animators?

I think i forgot to mention my screenshotting wont work so i got the image from my someone else to clear up.

3 Likes

same here, wait long enough and some of them go trough eventually, but takes hours.

3 Likes

Same thing here, its most likely going to take a while until they fix the issue

1 Like

same here.
is this a roblox issue?

1 Like

While yes this may be true, I donā€™t believe this is why the output is erroring. For me, I am using RegisterKeyframeSequence to play the animation, and yet it still yields with this error.

1 Like

I think this is just waiting for the animation to be accepted? Maybe they moderate animations now too?
It only happens to me when I use new animations and after a few minutes everything works fine.

2 Likes

Same code and idā€™s 15 minutes later

3 Likes

From my best assumption, it appears that they are starting to apply slightly more moderation to animations since they only work after a select period of time. Similar to how you need to wait for moderation to approve a shirt or audio.

The bug fixes itself in the end, just wait a minute or two. If you need to edit an already created animation, just overwrite it instead of uploading a new animation, as the error doesnā€™t occur when you do that. (At least from what Iā€™ve seen)

2 Likes

Is this just animations getting moderated for a while before upload like people are saying? Especially when im experimenting with animations where i wont know if they will work or not, it will be annoying to have to wait a while before being able to even see if it is functional.

1 Like

Iā€™ve found that instead of waiting, you can upload it as an old and unused, already existing animation and it will go through and work immediately.
I doubt that this is an attempt at more animation moderation as animations uploaded to already existing IDs seemingly go unchecked. That is, unless this is an oversight and actually just bypassing moderationā€¦
It also doesnā€™t error like other assets do when theyā€™re still awaiting moderator approval.

1 Like

I have the same problem with animation. But my friend uploaded the animation on behalf of the group, gave me the animation id and it works in the game itself. And in Roblox Studio it displays an error in the title of the topic. Can anyone suggest how to fix this? I am also in the group.

1 Like

I have also been seeming to have this issue. The output is giving me 2 errors with ā€œFailed to load animation - sanitized ID: <error: missing assetid>ā€. I checked my game already for any missing asset idā€™s, and I could not seem to find any. The animations should also be uploaded to the group where the game is also owned. There seems to be no effect in the game itself and the animations work fine, but if there are any solutions I would like to be given one.

2 Likes

Creating animations atm doesnt work. Cant load them and test my animations after publishing ā€¦ I was tryna spend the day working on animating but I cant atm

Edit: I kept opening test mode, and It worked once!! Just to let you know

Edit2: Publishing from a group fixes thisā€¦ Idk why but it does

6 Likes

1+ to this, Please fix it, my projects will slow down.
I cannot have unnecessary bugs like this manā€¦

5 Likes

This happened after I tried to play an animation I didnā€™t own
Glad this isnā€™t happening for no reason to me (Roblox has a reason for breaking things this time)

3 Likes