Failed to load Animation - sanitized ID

I suggest just waiting. I had this issue for approximately 30 minutes after uploading a new animation, after that everything started working so it’s just patience (I tried to upload a new animation to bypass the weird sanitized id thing but that didn’t work so yeah, waiting is the best option as far as I know).

3 Likes

im currently having this problem too its saying Failed to load animation - sanitized ID:

2 Likes

can confirm this is still happening to me, it seems to happen retroactively also because it cant load an animation that 6 months old

4 Likes

I’m trying to make a pose for my game icon and it won’t even load because of this issue…

2 Likes

I am having the same issue right now. I was making animations, I published them, and when I added them to test them, I get the same error. I checked my inventory and my animations don’t appear in there, but they only appear in the dashboard, it might be that?

It was working perfectly yesterday, I don’t know what happened.

3 Likes

I used to have this issue however it got fixed a day after it started to give it to me.

3 Likes

Happens to my games too. in studio AND in-game (for pretty much all my games)

for those looking in the explorer for the IDs… You wont find them. I have noticed the Sanitized ID it outputs in the log is the original ID minus the first digit. (not sure what this means though)

@Dogekidd2012 @be_nj yo guys, is staff aware of/looking into this? seems to be affecting alot of us…

3 Likes

Happens to me to.
I fixed it by uploading the animation to my group which don’t own the place and it worked.
Thats weird

2 Likes

Very strange. hopefully one of the staff members I pinged can assist us in solving this… I seem to have the issue no matter what I try.

2 Likes

Yea this just happened to me, bricked one of my tools and now it doesn’t work. Pretty frustrating.

2 Likes

This started happening to me too recently, when I publish a new animation and copy it’s ID, then try to :Play() it in studio, it returns the same error. Even though it says that the animation was uploaded it takes a while for it to appear in my Inventory > My Animations (inside Studio Toolbox only).

2 Likes

Maybe part of the issue is asset moderation?
I make the animations for my game (as i have no other team members) and for a bit the animations don’t show up in my inventory, but then soon after they would appear and work perfectly fine

1 Like

I’m not really sure if this has been mentioned it but I have found a solution to this problem. (Mostly)
Basically, if you were to make the animation, make any scripts associated with it, see if it has the error and leave for about a hour, it should fix.
I’m confident that there are better solutions out there or there atleast will be but for now, you guys can use this solution. (If someone already stated this sorry, this topic is really long)

2 Likes

Same here

1 Like

You’re going to love this. It’s so bizzare but here goes.

Via script change the animation’s priority to something other than it already is. i.e, I set mine to Action3 and make sure it’s not looped.

After making these changes, replicate them via your animation editor. Change the animation’s priority from the animator to match the script and set it’s loopability- it’s so random but it works?..

EDIT: Forgot to mention that you should probably publish the animation after making the changes on the animator. duh :exploding_head:

2 Likes

make sure the animation is R6 or R15 same as character

1 Like

that has literally nothing to do with this issue people are having.

4 Likes

I am having this issue as well. It seems like when you upload the animation to Roblox it does not immediately show up in your inventory.

Since it is not in your inventory, you technically don’t own it. This means that you can not load the animation on the Rig or Insert it via InsertService.

It seems like the animation will eventually be added to your inventory and then it will start working but it is still really weird.

1 Like

this is how I fix it in my game

1 Like

not setting your avatar type proper is not a roblox related bug though, it is a mistake YOU made… Animation Sanitization IS a bug.

1 Like