False Update message

When going through DevForum categories you will see a message that says “See 1 new or updated topic”, once clicked nothing happens. I presume this is from people using actions that do not bump a thread, ex. Hearting posts / Bookmarking posts

Here is an example of the bug:

SOFTWARE VERSION
Chrome Version 79.0.3945.88

6 Likes

I don’t think it’s a bug, I think it’s a new topic being made in bulletin board. You cannot see posts in bulletin board, so that explains it. But it probally is or probally isn’t, so I’m not 100 sure. Just a guess.

It says new or updated which means that someone probably posted in a different thread. I’ve seen this happen in #collaboration:recruitment and if you scrolled down, you would’ve seen a ‘1’ bubble appear next to one of the threads.

Shouldn’t the thread be bumped to the top of the page?

It does bump but if won’t go any higher than the pinned threads

If you look at the gif in the OP you can see it is not bumped above the locked thread (not pinned).

This feels like a bug with Discourse. Any bugs specific to Discourse (excl. custom plugins) should be sent to the meta forums; meta.discourse.org

@railworks2

7 Likes

Is there anyone else who still has this issue? I still have it and I have no idea how to fix it. Already cleared cookies and cache.

2 Likes

This issue still persists. I am hoping to get a @DevEngagementTeam response to this before I chase this issue on Discourse forums.

1 Like

I think you should follow up again with the meta discourse forum. This bug seems to still occur. :confused:

Little late, however I have followed up with meta here:

2 Likes