Fantasy Themed Interior Asset Pack - Need honest opinions

You don’t need a humanoid object if you are doing UV mapping in blender and exporting your decals that match the model. I don’t know how to do create these in blender, but you can read about the roblox side of it here:

Basically you have to figure out a way to export your normal, metalness, colormap, roughness. These will be individual decals that are uploaded to roblox and used in the surfaceappearance properties to create the texture for the model.

1 Like

i don’t know if it’s just the image quality or what, but that red elixir looks super satisfying to me

regardless, these are really cool, awesome job

1 Like

the textures look weirdly wrapped around, and things that have stuff inside them (e.g. lamp posts or potions) look weird. the lampost looks super weird. there is a weird shine on everything also, may be because of lighting, idk. good job still.

2 Likes

Humanoid helps pbr to work more realistic. I dont have images currently but you can check my game with humanoid pbr called village 2021 on my profile.

1 Like

Humanoid must be put in group which consist meshpart not directly in meshpart

1 Like

Search for shader maps 4 tutorial. Or buy substance bitmap2material. Yes I think humanoid make normal map work. I think it may be that low end PCs dont support pbr or anything else. It just a glitch.

1 Like

I’ll keep that in mind. It would make sense that humanoids may be a drain on resources. Like you said maybe during the showcase use a humanoid on the mesh parts then remove the option on upload to Roblox.

I do model and UV unwrap through Blender and texturing through substance painter, which does provide normals, metallic, color and roughness. I know that Roblox takes the base color just fine, but I didn’t know you can upload multiple texture to a single mesh part. Do you happen to know of any tutorials on this, or where the options are to implement normal and roughness maps are? Maybe I overlooked it. This is definitely a game changer if this is an option.

Originally I was just going for a label on a green bottle. But I see what you are saying as it looking like the red elixir on the inside of the bottle. Thanks I may use technique on other potions/bottles, it is very similar to the low poly look that I’m going for. A happy accident haha

I see what you are talking about. I may need another couple edge loops on the lanterns to solidify the glass surfaces and edges of the lantern. I think the faces maybe over stretched creating the weird look. The potion bottles in the background are inverted normals, which many of the existing models in studio use. Apparently it just doesn’t work with models that are more a-symmetrical. Thanks for the info. I may try another technique @sam_youwell brought up above. Thanks for the comment.

1 Like

Thanks I will look into this. I will also check out your village 2021 to see these effects in action. :+1:

I gave you a link to the surfaceappearance api page, but here is another link that explains it:

1 Like

Thanks! Sorry, I overlooked that. I can’t wait to try this out!
This is exactly what I was looking for!

Link for the game village 2021:

Support it by getting gamepasses

1 Like

Awesome thanks I’ll check it out.

For what it’s worth, I’ve achieved some really solid results using roblox’s materials and/or textures on top. For example, I’ve done potions as a lightly glowing neon with glass exterior and it’s looked great. I use this to get textures and sometimes mess with their transparency to get some interesting effects ;Texture Library Plugin

1 Like

Thanks again for the advice on surface textures @Sir_Highness and @nanosph, was actually able to make a scene out of this asset pack. I think it came out pretty decent. Only 1 screen shot as this is kind of a test.

4 Likes

Thanks, I’m actually installing this plugin as we speak. I have been looking for an alternative to the standard Roblox textures. Also beats having to make a mesh part with custom texture for interior walls and floors. I’m still looking for a good way to do potions. I’ll look into your method!

1 Like

Great job! I like it a lot. Are you planning on using it for anything? If so, I’d love to see a follow-up of what happened!

1 Like

Thanks! I did not plan on using this scene for anything in particular, there are some flaws in the models that need to be fixed. But I may use it as a template for a future project, maybe just a walking simulator (I can’t say I’m the best at scripting). I’m open to ideas though.