Fast Flags ClientAppSettings.json Folder Locations for most OS, e.g. Windows, MacOS, Android and iOS

Recently I wanted to figure out how to enable Fast Flags on iOS. Ending up finding no results about where the folder path may be, that I started to attempt many things to find it. At the end I ended up finding it.

Here are the most Folder Locations that I’ve found through my own mean, except the MacOS one, that one is from here.

What are Fast Flags?

Fast Flags are toggleable options that control whether something within the Source Code should be executed or not.

This concept exists in a lot of Software, as example Google Chrome at chrome://flags/. Toggling FFlags is useful to test something very technical or toggle something very specific on.

You can turn on Flags for Studio and Client through this. Using Fast Flags is something that should be treated as “doing it, makes you a sort of superuser”. Superusers can break stuff, if you’d enable a Flag and it breaks Roblox Studio, it wouldn’t sound valid for a Bug Report, unless you’re certain that it’s for an upcoming Feature, and that Roblox is unaware about it. For example see this.

Windows

%LocalAppData%/Roblox/Versions/version-<hash>/ClientSettings/ClientAppSettings.json

Note: Each Roblox update the content of a single version folder is erased. You should save the .json file so that you can copy paste it again.

I don’t know, what happened to the permanent version of the Fast Flags method for Windows.

MacOS

Applications/Roblox.app/Contents/MacOs/ClientSettings/ClientAppSettings.json

I am not sure whether this grants permanent Fast Flags, but I think it does.

sudo mkdir -p /Applications/Roblox.app/Contents/MacOS/ClientSettings
open /Applications/Roblox.app/Contents/MacOS/ClientSettings

Android

It’s within somewhere around com.roblox.client in the same folder where ssl is located at. In there the path would be /ClientSettings/ClientAppSettings.json.

iOS

iOS have two Folders for Apps, one for the actual App (where the actual Content for the App only is located at) and one for the Sandboxed Content of the App (where the App stores data). You will need to locate the Sandboxed App Location within the Data Containers.

<Sandboxed App Location>/Library/Application Support/ClientAppSettings.json

Note: This one doesn’t require a ClientSettings folder. The looks of the Application Support folder is similar to %LocalAppData%/Roblox on Windows.

Grants permanent set-able Fast Flags.

Note: If you don’t know how, it’s fine. There’s another method to control Fast Flags on iOS, which is refered to as “local view” through a “Hidden Helper”, but I am not certain yet on how to enable it.

OS not listed?

Let me know, though I am not sure if I can help. And no, I don’t think Roblox Supports Linux. I think Console is missing though.

If you know the Permanent Folder Path Location for Windows, let me know. And yes, Third-Party Software that control Flags, may aid with permanent Flags, but this Resource Post is completely for “Vanilla” methods.

4 Likes

tell me how to do it on amazon fire tablet :coefficients:

What in the actual world is :coefficients: and why does it exist