How to enable the new Chrome UI (Mac)

So Roblox just made a new UI and some users have noticed it while using Roblox Studio. Its easy to enable it tho only using ur terminal app

First thing is to close Roblox, second open your Terminal

Then type this command:
For Mac:

mkdir /Applications/Roblox.app/Contents/MacOs/ClientSettings/
echo '{"FFlagEnableInGameMenuChrome": "True"}' > /Applications/Roblox.app/Contents/MacOs/ClientSettings/ClientAppSettings.json

After executing, launch roblox then enjoy!

How to uninstall:

rm /Applications/Roblox.app/Contents/MacOs/ClientSettings/ClientAppSettings.json

If roblox updates, execute this command again.

ChromeUI Screenshot:
fullsizeoutput_4

11 Likes

For Windows users, you can use Bloxstrap for managing your FFlags:

Using a launcher like Bloxstrap, the flags will remain even when Roblox updates.

Afaik there’s no Mac alternative, you’ll have to keep reapplying the flags after each update.

3 Likes

Are you sure this isn’t against Roblox tos?

1 Like

I don’t think so as you are just changing something on your local client side, it’s the same as going in the Roblox client files and changing stuff

FFlags are built in. Why would they be against the TOS?

1 Like

i have the chrome UI when i didnt even do this. how do i permamently get rid of it

You can change true to false I think

Roblox is moving to the new UI permanently, and is slowly transitioning everybody, eventually there will be no FFlag, so there’s not really a point in trying to revert it now.

1 Like

well might as well get used to this now until before it’s here to stay

I really hope it isn’t here to stay.

I hope Roblox listens to the Players’ feedback cause no-one likes this update, especially us (the devs).

you know how roblox is, they’re gonna force it on us

we’ll get used to it.

remember when everyone HATED rthro? welp it’s still here today

At least rthro is optional.
We’re talking about a major UI update here.

This update offsets the UI more, increases the size, and also makes it more complicated.
All of that while not even adding functionality (for example, they could easily add a native Topbar Plus alternative).

to be fair, “/” key still opens the chat
“TAB” still opens and closes the leaderboard
“Esc” still opens the menu

all they did is change the look, not really much changed about the functionality

1 Like

I heard that Roblox will be removing the user’s ability to change the game’s Fast Flag locally. So it means us Mac users wouldn’t be able to get rid of our FPS Cap without any 3rd party softwares

No way, I thought I can’t use fflags on mac