FastNet2 - a fast, efficient & lightweight network library

FastNet2

FastNet2 is a open-sourced Networking Library, FastNet2 is designed to optimize, solution for heavy multi-events and an alternative for native events

Documentation | Github | Wally | Try with Benchmark | NetBench

Benefits & Features

(Why you should just move to FastNet2 over FastNet or others?)
  • Easy to Use (Not complex & Documentation available)
  • Better Optimization & Performance
  • Stability & Efficient (reduced throttling & efficiently handling heavy multi-events)
  • One-remote for All (less overhead cost and most optimized for multi-events usage, specially for heavy usage)
  • Multi-Threads Re-uses (with advanced multi-threading and semi-support parallel)
  • Safety check (prevent internal errors)
  • Debugging
  • Identifier Serialization (reduce identifier event byte cost)
  • Lightweight but very-fast
  • Memory-leaks prevention (reduces memory usage to prevent memory-leak happens)

FastNet2 version: rc9 (0.9.7)
FastNet2 is currently on development, and FastNet2 is not ready for use/producted

Test Benchmark (Result)

Note: These Benchmark is at 500 packets sent every 0.5s, test in Studio and its reliable event (not unreliable) and the benchmark test result might not same with yours due different device specification, im using i5-12400F with W11 Latest.

Benchmark comparisons

Roblox (default):

FastNet2 (default settings, rateLimit 500, v0.9.3/rc9)

FastNet2 (default settings, rateLimit off, v0.0.8-preAlpha-refresh)

BridgeNet2 (default settings, v0.5.2)

Red2 (default, rc11)

What you currently using?

• Native (Roblox Remote)
  • FastNet (v1/v2)
  • BridgeNet (v1/v2)
  • Red (v1/v2)
  • Self Custom Library
  • Other Library

0 voters

Will you use FastNet2 in the future?

• Yes i’m
  • Thinking
  • No, but maybe later?

0 voters

Rate FastNet2

• Good enough overall
  • Well
  • Still needs more improvement/updates

0 voters

40 Likes

how is this any better than BridgeNet? any comparisons?

3 Likes

you can download the “Networking Test” rbxm file i uploaded and also dont forget to update the fastnet2 source on it, the v0.0.2 available now

3 Likes

So basically FastNet2’s job is to make the player have lower bandwidths on Wi-Fi and decrease avg ping?

5 Likes

If you had any idea/suggestions/feedbacks, let met know.

2 Likes
screenshots

screenshots of the benchmarking place file for anyone that’s too lazy 2 download the place themselves

9 Likes

i removed the FastNet from benchmark (reason: FastNet had big problem on queue, when it not firing the queue still push until the queue stores is empty so it may break others when benchmarking)

also fastnet2 is now v0.0.3

2 Likes

It’s funny how you released FastNet2 for no particular reason when BridgeNet2 is also in the works. It just offers all the features that BridgeNet has but it’s just a copy. Not saying it’s bad to recreate stuff, but looking through the code it looks similar, and you released FastNet2 for no reason.

2 Likes

hot fix on client side (.rbxm, not published on github & wally, will be released when next update)

2 Likes

what did you mean i didnt copy and following how BridgeNet2 ecosystem works and i even dont understand how bridgenet2 system inside, all i do is doing experiments

2 Likes

Why is your code exactly like BridgeNet2’s code?

1 Like

I also found another thing similar

2 Likes

??? its package of wally config, and im using rojo if you have made wally and rojo package you prob know

9 Likes

im not stealing their idea im just learned from all/common signals module (not network)

3 Likes

Well, then I am deeply sorry if I have caused you any trouble, have a good day :smile:.

7 Likes

updated benchmark file to newest [included with hot fix upd]

1 Like

bro does not know what wally.toml is :skull:

its not code, its more of a config. ofcourse their identical

15 Likes

Update | v0.0.4 | Pre-Alpha

• Added :Wait, :Once, & some other functions
  • Support lowercased name function
  • Minor Server side improvement
  • Patch critical on 0.0.3

CHANGELOGS - v0.0.4

1 Like

You are trying to push the narrative that code was copied, even thought the only thing you showed was code that is a required config file…

8 Likes

Update | v0.0.5 | Pre-Alpha

CHANGELOGS - v0.0.5

1 Like