Feedback and Suggestions on Bumper Cars Game

I’ve been working on a Bumper Cars game, and I’m looking for some suggestions and feedback. I hope to get it somewhat popular, at least to the point where there’s a decent amount of players in the game at a time.

The game includes:

• A shop for buying more cars and coins
  • Player health, which is damaged by other players and restored with health boxes
  • Player level, which effects the amount of damage given/taken by your car
  • A leaderboard for players with the highest scores
  • Multiple maps for players to drive around with
  • A relatively advanced car engine, which’s features are not fully displayed in this game
  • A Premium-only map selection tool, to attract more revenue (maps are randomized for players without a membership)
  • A controls menu for all devices (Certain GUIs are not fully setup properly for console use)
  • Notifications for friend invites, purchasing premium, and more

Are there any features here that would not be advised for a successful game? Is there anything I should add to attract/keep more players playing? Please let me know :+1:

Edit: More update information can be found here

3 Likes

I actually really like this game! Unfortunately, there were no players on when I went on. I still found myself driving around for a few minutes. I can see this being a moderately successful game unless you add a lot more features such as racing perhaps, the ability to attain things like coins, upgradable cars, etc.

1 Like

Looks like a cool start to a game, I could see playing this with friends for sure however, I kept spawning above the map for some reason (pictured below). I think if you keep working on it to polish it a little more and add more features (maybe what AlsoGold suggested with the coins around the map to encourage players to explore)

Controls worked as expected, the shop was kinda hidden but besides that UI functioned well.

very cool, keep it up

2 Likes

If feel like the idea is nice. But there were some issues I saw with like the game aspect, bugs, and map. First off there was a weird bug where @.WhoseTrade was flying noticeably high. Also the map shouldn’t need these side walks into the parking lot or if there are due to the fact It’s hard to get into going at a fast speed add something that’d make you want to go in there and some things that would prevent you from getting what ever perk is in there. Also the chassis is very stiff and it bugs a lot if you move forward and turn and let off the gas at a 360 ish it stutters and rotates about 20 degrees. I personally would use the jeep if I were you and add some Rocket Fuel / NOS. Best of luck John.

1 Like

I’ll try to figure out what’s causing that and fix it, thanks.

Edit: I do plan to add gold

I did not build that map, I got it from a volunteer via this post. Thanks for the feedback, though. The turning problems are caused by lag, which I’ve been trying to fix. I’ll put more effort into that. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve taken all the suggestions given and all (if not most) should have been added; if you have any more ideas, please let me know!

Updates include, but are not limited to:

• New maps
  • Pick-up Coins
  • Improved handling
  • Less lag
  • Game Passes and Developer Products
  • Bug fixes

More updates and other info on Discord server

1 Like

Special power ups for the bumper cars.

1 Like

Could you elaborate on that? Like, what kind of power ups?