Feedback for my Sword Game

I made a sword game, kind of like Sword Fight on the Heights game but… different. I am not claiming to be an old roblox player, but I have played Super Nostalgia Zome and played SFOTH IV. I tried to make a cool version of it, but there’s just something wrong about it… It’s just not interesting. Can someone give me some feedback on it?

1 Like

Hey!

I could think of a few reasons why you might think it’s not interesting. There are not enough people playing it! I joined your game to only have me, myself, and I in the server. Also, the map is concentrated in one place, unlike SFOTH where there are different areas where you can explore and find different swords.

So, I think you can improve the map and make different areas separate and far from each other. Then, you can connect them all up using hanging bridges or anything you want to connect them up with. That would make the map feel more big and interesting to explore.

Unfortunately, making a game based on a classic brings you some disadvantages. It will be harder for you to attract people to play a sword-fighting game and keep them interested these days. One reason why people play SFOTH IV today is the nostalgia. Back during that age of Roblox, the games on the front page were simplistic and didn’t have many scripts. But, if you look at today’s front page, you got small teams working on bigger games with lots of people playing it.

With how your game looks right now, you won’t get much playing your game because of how simple it is. But, don’t lose hope. Maybe you can touch up on the map, get your friends to play with you, and have a good time. After that, you could learn how to script different things (maybe new swords?) and create more games. By then, your games will be more interesting!

It’s pretty cool to have someone base their game on a classic and I hope I get to see more of your creations soon!

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll try implementing your solutions.

1 Like

Hi.
As an “old player” I enjoy the thought of your game.
Your game was okay, pretty basic design but I don’t imagine it becoming front page as SFOTH had. It dominated for years because there was little other choice but now players demand more. This type of map design doesn’t interest new players because they are kids and don’t have ties to old roblox, nor do they care.
I really like the mechanisms but overall your game was boring. The map was a little bland and long.I think you should make other maps.

I think animations would help you a lot. Take examples from this: Be A Parkour Ninja - Roblox

I feel like you could attract a certain audience but note that you won’t get as much rep or robux. You would need to advertise and change a few things around. The audience I think that’d receive you most would be : Flex Your Account Ageˢ 🔊 - Roblox
as mostly old players come here and there are “old roblox” design elements to this game aswell…
I hope this helps

2 Likes

Hello there,

It’s kind of funny, though. It’s just too standard!

I would personally make it into a MiniGame with different maps and the last player wins.

Good luck with your Project and I hope it works out!

Greetings,

Sys. (Aka. Tim)

1 Like