(Feedback) I'm struggling to finish this low-poly museum, any ideas?

A while ago, I made this low poly shop for the low-poly themed game, Obbymania. I’m now making a museum where players will walk up to it to see achievements and scores across the game.

What do you think? Can you provide any feedback to improve it?

Thanks!

8 Likes

Nice Museum. :smiley:

I like the pillars and low-poly look.

Consider adding statues around the outside, shrubbery surrounding the museum, or any form of lights such as streetlights or spotlights.

Maybe even trees.

Also maybe a glass roof? Those are cool.

:classical_building:

2 Likes

Honestly, looks great. I like the window effect you made, and the pillars look nice too. I don’t have much feedback in terms of improvements, great job!

2 Likes

Your map and a museum simulator?

Can you clarify what you mean?

1 Like

a museum you buy in the shop and to earn coins needing real life people or not

I’m not a huge fan. There are too many windows, like the small one… there isnot even a point to it. Theres too much blue to it, it’s too small etc. I can tell you’re going for the typical low poly stuff but it doesn’t fit. Museums dont look like this. Make it bigger, change colors etc.

At the start it looks good there isn’t a lot of improvements that have to be made, however if I were to suggest anything you could either decrease the amount of windows if there’s some in the back of the building I would recommend removing them if this is an art museum featuring history paintings if not you could keep them?

If so the large windows implemented on the door look alright but I’m pretty sure a few museums around my area don’t have windows there more just pull doors instead of showing what’s inside since it’s not a store you’ll need to go inside to get a good feel on how everything looks.

Looking at the overall structure in your second image; it’s quite odd seeing a chimney on the roof if I’m not mistaken, they don’t really feature these types of things however I could be wrong since all museums are different from others. The pillars themselves could be more detailed, in regards you should include the missing objects (such as the volute at the top giving the pillars a better look).

However it’s a good build i feel like you already accomplish a amazing museum. Best of luck with your build.

Not the biggest fan of this build, has to be said. The build looks like the low poly build with too many windows and the same colour scheme (in my opinion ) you should get rid of some of the windows on the side or front and also the pillars look like they are holding nothing up which is something I cant stop looking at when I see this. The pillars have no point to them if they aren’t holding anything up and they just look a bit silly.

Best of luck.

looks great! try adding some scenery around the area like trees and bushes. try removing some of the windows, and maybe change the color of the windows because there’s a lot of blue.

1 Like

Alright- time to set the record straight for y’all. Obbymania is quite a simplistic game by nature, you hop from block to block to get to the end. You’re doing obbies constantly- you earn coins and you buy cosmetics.

EDIT: Accidentally posted it before finishing- whoopsie.
Back to what I wanted to say, I specifically asked for the low-poly museum build to be blue and as simplistic as possible, just like the other low-poly build @Ahlvie made for me a while ago. The focus never was on wow-ing the player with immaculate details, but instead to provide a lil’ neat thing to look at in the background.
This museum would be accompanied by a lil’ npc staying infront of it, and whenever you go in range of it an Achivements User Interface would pop up where you could view all your stats in the game.

In my opinion, it is a great model.
But!.. after looking at it for 3 days straight [don’t blame me i ain’t a fast thinker ;( ] some suggestions popped up in my mind. You could retract the sides by one window in the “main body” and extend the roof on the main body forwards so it sits on the pedestals.

That’s all I gotta say, I really love it so far.

1 Like

Sure thing, I’ll get started on it right away.

Let me know if you would like to see any other changes.

1 Like