Feedback on a Low Poly Hotel

So this is a Hotel I was originally paid 10k for to make, then again in the end it was ended up not being used because it was to Laggy for some users with a Low-End PC.

Pointers
-I know the Hotel is sorta bland for the rooms, and the nature is sorta bad.
-I know I can redo the nature but I don’t really have time anymore to do anything for this Hotel.

Pictures

Any Feedback will help me be better in the future!

Thank You!

8 Likes

Looks really good. I would just add a sign with hotel name outside right here.

The rooms seem a bit plain. I would add some books in the bookshelf. Maybe a phone or clock on the nightstand and maybe sofa infront of TV.

Edit:
I think the detail regarding the food area and reception desk is very good. Although I might have added a sink to the food area.

2 Likes

Originally I and my partner were supposed to add more to the rooms before release but then it was to Laggy for people and the Owner decided to use old hotel instead, so we never really got around to adding those extra details since we were done with the Owners Job.

1 Like

Looks like the lighting is on compatibility, but to make it look better I think you should still add light bulbs (or any light things) as decoration.

1 Like

Outside is kinda bland, it’d be nice if you can add like small rocks, perhaps a statue and some more trees.
Also i think shadowmap would look great, it’ll make things more lively. Other than that, everything is fine.

Nice work @Modeast! You’ve done a great job in sticking to the low poly building style. The bed and toilet models are particularly good!

As @C0_le has already touched on, the front of the hotel is little sparse. A sign at the front is a great idea! To add to this point, I think the island is a bit too big for what’s on offer right now. I’d suggest making it a bit smaller so that there’s less unused space. You can always expand the island later down the line when the need arises.

Another suggestion of mine would be too add some signage and decorations to the walls of the hotel. For instance, above the restaurant counter you could have a sign reading “Modeast Refreshments” or something along those lines. At the moment, the walls appear quite bare and unfurnished.

Suggestions aside, I think you and your partner are doing a great job! From the funky skybox to the clever colour scheme, this low poly hotel has a lot to offer. Keep up the good work! :smile:

2 Likes

Your “Low Poly Hotel” is really decent like the color scheme, details, and the, style your going for and i think it looks really good overall i know it will look more. Decent when it’s finished! However i know you don’t have time to add, any other details to the hotel, if you plan on adding some in the future i’ll try adding more vegetation. To the entrance you could try! Implementing some. Of those details to your hotel there could! Be a lot of different decorations, around the map so it could. Look a lot more better i’ll add some, detail to the map area and the! Hotel itself so it won’t look empty however but. As i said above these are details that can, help you in the future!

Hotel
Know your hotel is really decent, i like the overall style, design, you have went for but there seems to be not that much details! Implemented to the inside of the hotel and the exterior area. However the “Hotel Room” seems to be detailed but no much decorations, To it you could add some details inside the room such! As lamps, plants, trash can, desk, pictures, ect. That’s what hotels mostly have overall you have a good start so. Far i would recommend! You add some of those listed above. As well you could add some of, the lights above the bed part! Implemented in the wall just to give the room, some decorations to it. And the then you could add a “TV” with a stand and some books, cups, desk lamps, room telephone, ect. Those are just ideas hotels need for the guest that’s going to visit! Your hotel and if you plan on doing that in the, future i would give. The walls/room some pictures, circle mirror, couches, chairs, room lights, and others as well the sign of the hotel in the front of the building. However it’s really good and! It seems you’ve done a great job on your hotel, those are just some ideas that can help you! In the future on your other builds or the hotel itself!!

Entrance
Your entrance looks amazing i like! How you added the column awning to the hotel. However most hotels have more details to it! as you can see below the entrance area needs bushes, fountains, palm trees, flowers, potted plants, ect. To look more better as most hotels have that you should make the front area. Have a lot of nature details to it just to give it, some decorations to it and then you could always. Implement some of those by the entrance area! Overall it doesn’t need to have much vegetation to the, entrance part depending on the style your, going for you could add some bushes, plants, in the front of the door part or on the. Side of the hotel as you can see below this hotel, is named (Marks Tey Hotels) and you! Could see that these kind of hotels don’t have that much vegetation. Next to the entrance you could just add, bushes plants trees. Not that much if you plan on! Doing that i would suggest you do however. These are just ideas you could try implementing to, your hotel in the future if you get back! Working on your current hotel.

Reference

Details
I know your not finishing it up right know, but it would look more better if you added details to your hotel to look more better, as i said above you could add some plants, trees, pictures, chairs, desk, ect. and add some coffee tables, curtains, just to give the rooms some decorations to it! I would also add a few other details to, your hotel to make it stand out more. Here is couple of decorations you could add to your hotel! Room to make it look more decent overall you, have done a amazing job on your “Low Poly Hotel” hope you get back working on it in the future but as i said above. These are just some suggestions that can, help you in the future of your builds.

Room Decorations

• Coffee Brewer, Coffee Maker
  • Radios, Brochure Holders, Door signs
  • Tissue Box, Key holders, Trays & Couches
  • Chairs, Pictures, Coffee Tables, & Hanging Lights
  • Floor Lamps, Desk Lamps, Little Plants, & Curtains, Tables
  • Cups, TV, Room Telephone & Clocks, Dark Grey Rugs

Bathroom Equipment

• Air Dryers, Waste Basket, Towels & Towel Hook
  • Soap Dispenser, Paper Dispenser & Soap Dish
  • Pictures, Towel Bar, Glass Shelves & Floor Mat
  • Bathroom Faucet, Plants, Cabinets, & Shampoo
  • Toilet Paper, Soap Dish, Lights, Wooden Shelves
  • Waste Baskets, Wall Lights, Towel Rings, Bathroom Decor,
  • Toothbrush Holders, Shower Corner Shelve & Paper Roll Holder

Overall, you’ve done a great job on your Low Poly hotel it looks really good so far. Can’t wait to see more of work very soon, as well the final build if you plan on finishing it in the future and the details, decorations, you implement! To your “Hotel” it looks really amazing like the texture, details, style, your going for it would. Look a lot more better if you finished it, up however keep it, up those are the decorations, details, that can help you in the future of! Your work or the hotel aside all of that it looks very decent keep it up!!

7 Likes

Very well designed, only criticism and tip I can give you is adding more to the bedrooms such as: beanbags, chairs, couches etc

Your creation is well designed, I have very few feedback to give. I would go more in-depth with the furniture. Their design is simple, so are the rooms(fill up the empty space in the rooms). Add more details to the room(add books on the shelves, etc), guests can imagine themselves in a real hotel. Nice job with designing the bed, I didn’t expect to see hospital corners.

So addressing the lag, since that can kill a project faster than anything else besides bad luck, it may be because of the water and the tri count for some of the models are likely higher than they should be. I’m guessing for the bed sheets it was a plane that was subdivided and then you ran It through a cloth simulation and then solidified it, that’s the easiest way to make them, but complex geometry that’s done automatically usually has pretty trash topology that’s best manually redone.
The bar stools likely have some higher tri counts I would guess based on the smoothness of the curve, you could probably cut it down buy using a cylinder with less vertices then manually making the shape with proportional editing and doing a large 1 tier bevel for anything not curved enough. Curtains may have the same problem.
If you used unions those are generally pretty bad overall for performance, especially in larger quantities. Those are just guesses from the pictures though and I could be wrong but I’d definitely go about checking everything to find out what’s causing the lag before going about adding new things.

1 Like