Feedback on a Procedural Island Generator

I have made a procedural island generator. So far it only does terrain, but I’m going to add things like trees, bushes, and rocks to it soon. To make this, I followed some tutorials from Sebastian Lague on YouTube. Here are a few pictures of some islands I’ve generated:

You can try it here:

To generate a new island, press the Regenerate button in the top left corner.

18 Likes

This is pretty cool. It would save a lot of people trying to make terrain but also kill other terrain makers’ business. This would be cooler as a plugin though

1 Like

Very interesting, its an pretty cool idea, making this as an plugin would be pretty useful for builders. As Luxorz said before me, yeah, this would be cooler as a plugin though.

It’s really nice, although I can see that materials are based on height. If it isn’t based on height and has some variation it would be better. Anyway, great job!

Thanks! I was planning on making it into a game. I probably won’t make it a plugin, but I might if I don’t end up using it for something else.

1 Like

I’m not sure why youd want it for a game unless its like “design your own island” or something like that, but imo it’d be much better as a plugin and i know a lot of devs who need/want something like this

Yeah, it’s based on height and some variation too. I might make it have more variation because ithe materials look pretty flat. But when it has trees and biomes it might not be that noticable.

Looks nice and it’s really cool! If it would be a plugin, I would use it. Would be useful for building.

1 Like

I’m testing out the generator and it is really cool, I just can’t find a way to change the height, can you tell me how?

In ServerStorage, there’s a ModuleScript called Biomes. The heightScale value in each biome is the height in studs of the island. You can make that number higher or lower to make the islands taller or shorter.

The sea level is locked at 40% of heightScale, but I made this over a year ago so I don’t plan on updating it.

Cool thank you, I’m just wanting to learn how to make my own stuff like this so it helps a lot.

1 Like