Feedback On A Random Drawing

I was bored so I decided to draw something. I was hoping to get some feedback on the finished product since I know I still have a ton to learn about art. (I consider myself a noob lol)

Time taken: 2 hours and 41 minutes

All constructive feedback is appreciated!

13 Likes

Yeah, it looks like her neck is gone. :sob:

And the eyes are at the side of the head, not the front.

2 Likes

I make the neck smaller so itโ€™s not shown (just my style) and wdym by the eyes? Shes from a side perspective

Thanks for replying though!

3 Likes

canโ€™t see the neck, sun is too bright, too les light on the face and too less glow on trees and face and stuff, random parts are just white, and yeah

2 Likes

Ok thanks!

The neck is covered by the hair since I donโ€™t draw the necks super big (my style) Also, whereโ€™s the random white parts?

Thanks for replying!

2 Likes

Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 4.42.37 PM
Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 4.42.40 PM

you put glow there but nowhere else

3 Likes

I think they attempted to place the highlights of her hair in a position where it would make sense. From the background, it seems it is very bright meaning what we (the audience) see would be us being behind her and the character absorbing most of the light making the light only visible around the edges of her silhouette. Hope this all makes sense but I just want to explain what I think she was attempting by doing that.

3 Likes

Very cute drawing. I have seen what you have tried to do here and in my opinion, your ideas were laid out to the best of your abilities and youโ€™ve done a great job :] Since you are a beginner though some things I would go ahead and practice more are line, shape, and anatomy (yep anatomy is annoying but it has to happen haha). But actually, you donโ€™t have to force yourself to practice all 3 of these elements too much, keep drawing and youโ€™ll see your improvement. This drawing is great and I honestly can see your potential if you wanna practice and learn art seriously.

2 Likes

Aw thanks! Iโ€™ll work on it.

I honestly only started getting into art more seriously like 3 years ago and started digitally at the beginning of this year, so yeah I have a lot to learn.

Thank you for replying! Really appreciate it!

Iโ€™ve seen some of your art and youโ€™re amazing! I definitely look up to you. <3

1 Like

aaaa :doh: thank you so much. I wish you luck in your art journey!

1 Like

Wow so cute I like it :grinning:
You so talented

1 Like

i think you should lower the top part of the head since it looks a bit stretched out and put some shoulders so it doesnt look like the head is floating. you could also shade in some of the objects more (like the bow and face) so they match the lighting thatโ€™s coming from the back (basically rim lighting

otherwise its a great job for a beginner, you did well on the colors and the eyes :] try and use more references, itโ€™ll be helpful for you in the long run

2 Likes

Ok! Will do!

Thank you so much for replying!

1 Like

Oh! I have this tutorial I found that helps with eye perspectives.

1 Like