Feedback on Cafe Build

Alright, thanks for the feedback, Would you like me to remove the assets and create new ones? Thanks! :smiley:

I mean if you want to challenge yourself, I would make new ones.

I don’t use those old assets anymore, however if you ever want to become a really good builder, you are going to have to either make your own assets or use ones made for you and not for someone else.

You’ll never learn how to make these things if you don’t try to make them yourself! :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks Silver, I will challenge myself, lol. Thanks for the inspiration. Thanks for the help and feedback on my cafe! Also, congratulations on 200k for SB. :smiley:

Thanks! Best of luck to you and your building!

1 Like

Are you using ShadowMap? It looks a lot like Compatibility to me, just a thought…

Some critique- I feel like the colors are a little washed out. I think you did this manually, via a color correction effect or something, because it doesn’t look like natural roblox lighting. I would like to see a little more saturation of colors and some darker tones. The entire scene looks very bright and sepia-like.

1 Like

Yes, ShadowMap is enabled. Maybe in a later version, when we get new Logos and game designs we we use a more modern color set that consists of darker tones. Thank you for the feedback! :smile:

1 Like

And by the way, when I meant it looked washed out, I didn’t mean the actual stuff in the scene, for example it looks like you took a colorcorrection and increased brightness and decreased saturation

1 Like

Hey Swiffted,

I found something, so what you could do is to get the menu text more on the menu sign.

MenuSign

Could you fix this real quick? I wish you much luck and success with your cafe.

2 Likes

The repetitive use of the same trees bug me for some reason, I’d recommend changing the colour of some of the trees to add to the realism and contrast. And if possible, try creating different form of trees and changing the heights of some others.

As @lSteveRogersl said, the exterior, especially the terrain looks boxy. You should also add some sort of vegetation on the ground (grass, bushes e.t.c) that would fit to the build.

Also, trees here our floating without being supported on any sort of land.
dwadag

As going off from my previous point, try use a plugin like gapfill to full out the boxy terrain, to give it more of a smoother terrain.

I’d give it a 7/10

1 Like

Love it, however the sky looks weird in my opinion. It looks too pink, maybe try playing around with lighting or using a different skybox? I love your sailboat. The interior is a bit boxy like said above. I’d rate it 8/10.

1 Like

That’s a really good catch, good eye!

1 Like

Some of what I will say might have been said already, sorry

I really like the general low-poly design. It’s very in right now and makes your cafe feel modern. I might suggest trying to utilise some of the outdoor space where you currently have trees. Most cafes have this sort of island with tree idea so utilising the space would definitely be a selling point.

I’d also suggest, on the second image, where your logo/thumbnail is maybe turning that into a screen/tv type display, currently it looks a bit weird with just the decal. That sort of little edit could really transform the whole atmosphere.

Also with your seating maybe add something into the massive gaps it looks slightly unwelcoming. Maybe add some plants in or more communal type seating like sofas or a bench.

One thing that is slightly picky is the grass, maybe make it brighter it will help make your game just pop a bit more. Same with the lighting, try fiddling with the settings just a bit to make the game less grey.

Overall I really love the design and the atmosphere you’ve created with the low-poly design. 7/10

1 Like

Good catch! Thanks for the feedback, I’ll go fix that right now. Thank you! :smiley:

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll go fix those trees and mix em’ up. Thank you! :smiley:

Thanks for the feedback! I will try to find a sky-box that would fit the build more! Thank you! :smiley:

1 Like

No problem! I help with pleasure!

1 Like

Okay! Thanks for the feedback! :smiley:

1 Like

The trees look kind of spammy and don’t blend well with the ground grass. Maybe try to make varying sizes of trees and give some roundness to the bottom of the tree. Besides that, excellent build!

1 Like

Thank you, I was thinking about reducing the trees hence your reply! Thanks for the feedback! :smiley:

1 Like

Alright, I really think this an amazing build but, since this is another Cafe, you really need to come up with something original that’ll make your Cafe stand out. The build itself is awesome, I’d give it a 9/10 for the great detail and color. Some ways you can outshine other Cafe’s similar to this could be by adding some sort of a challenge or quest to the game that is somewhat related to the Cafe. I really like the whole map you’ve made and I wish you luck in the future!

Thanks for the help, I like your idea with the quests, thanks for the feedback! :rocket:

2 Likes

Anytime! I think you have a really cool concept and I hope that this game succeeds!

1 Like