Feedback on Chinese Dao sword model

Back again with a new Asian weapon model (see Katana and Naginata for more). This time around it’s a Chinese sword, however - A liuyedao.

I wanted to add more engravings to the model but I had no idea how to do this in blender without Substance Painter, as I would want to do so with a normal map.

Please let me know what you think of the model! :smile:

36 Likes

I gotta say, this is a very impressive model!

The details are just phenomenal and it’s very pleasing to look at overall. You could say… it looks sharp. :joy:

8 Likes

DevBuckette you make Roblox not look like Roblox. This is so cool and realistic! :laughing:

Very good work, great job. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the kind words! I try to keep improving. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Highly detailed, I don’t think that it’s even a roblox model lol. Too good

1 Like

Gotta love the handle tho . Great job !! I love it .

Don’t tell a soul but the fabric detailing is actually chainmail :speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

I’m loving the detail you put in and to me it doesn’t look like it’s from Roblox. Awesome work! (^▽^)

1 Like

I love this so much! The lighting is on point and the texture with the handles is exquisite.

1 Like

I try to improve my art with every new model, but sadly I lack some of the programs I need for this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, that’s exceptionally professionally well made. It looks really good!

I would suggest changing the colouring of the wrapping as I don’t think red matches all that well. Secondly, I would recommend adding a tassle as decoration like this:

1 Like

I will experiment with different colour palettes. I also thought of a tassel but it would be a hassle to make it properly animated.

… no way. I try to keep telling myself this is fake, because I’VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING ON ROBLOX SO DETAILED IN MY LIFE!

Great model dude, can’t wait to see what you make in the future!

1 Like

Seriously though, those models are EPIC. If you told me that wasnt roblox i would 100% belive you.

That looks epic!!! nice job on the details :+1:

Thank you! I try to make Roblox not look like Roblox with my models. :slight_smile:

This looks really good! I like the detail with the handle’s fabric and the scuffed bronze material. With some normal map baking, this would work really well in Roblox Studio (But there isn’t normal map baking yet :frowning:)

1 Like

Oh my, if ONLY Roblox allowed normal baking :sob: Can you imagine…

Yeah…We could actually get away with high detail models that don’t use up 10k tris every time…