Feedback on "Circle Game"

Game link: Circle Game

New feedback post: Feedback on “Circle Game” Second Test

Hey everyone! I am planning to release my new game for testing, but I would like to see everyone’s feedback on it before releasing the game to the public. When inspecting the game, I would like to hear feedback, but any feedback is fine as well:

In General:

• When looking at the game icon, does it take your interest in trying out the game? In other words, do you want to see what the game is about when looking at it?
  • How do you feel about seeing in-game footage on the game’s thumbnail?
  • When first joining the game, do you think a tutorial is required, or is the description good enough?
  • Go through your first playtest. When you lose, do you feel like playing it again?
  • If you decide to play it again (or multiple times), what makes it that you want to play it again?
  • Would you recommend this to a friend?
  • Any other suggestions?

On Computer:

• How does the gameplay feel when playing the game? Were there any confusions on how to start?

On Mobile:

• For horizontal gameplay: How does the gameplay feel when playing the game? Were there any confusions on how to start?
  • For verticle gameplay: How does the gameplay feel when playing the game? Were there any confusions on how to start?

If the list is too long to read, general feedback is good enough :slight_smile:

I won’t be explaining much how what the game is about here, I would like to see everyone’s first reaction to this game.

8 Likes

Found a bug on second try. This teal big one glitched out of the box as soon as I made it.

Attempt to fix this in some way as it is helpful but also annoying

3 Likes

What were the steps to replicate this bug? It might help me get an insight on why it’s not resetting the game.

I filled the thing to the brim and then they all transformed at the bottom into that and it clipped out through the side.

2 Likes

Thanks for the insight. I will check on that, I had a couple of my friends tested out, but never expected a bug to occur that fast, especially since my friends also spammed the box to the brim.

This game will probably be pretty fun if you add modes like races against other players, etc. I think it has a cool concept. Kind of like tetris.

2 Likes

Adding on to this, you could also add constant-click mode where it presses for you and you have to try to not get it to overflow for as long as possible while not being able to control placement well

1 Like

Great ideas! I have considered having game modes in the future if the game does well. With the race against each other gamemode, we were wondering about adding a rank mechanic to the game :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I hope this game gains traction, it actually held my attention for more than 3 seconds like most new Roblox games.

I think that this game could be something big if done right, now that’s up to you to correctly use what you have to get your game popular and successful.

I’m going to keep tabs on this project.

Good luck!

2 Likes

From first glance I probably wouldn’t be interested in the game. From the first perspective it looks like you are just putting circles into a rectangle thingy. Which doesn’t feel very appealing.

Ill try out the game later when I’m not busy

1 Like

On mobile, after losing once, then playing again, once I was 9 minutes in, the box disappeared and when I pressed, the circles would spawn on eachother but not actually fall. Basically all the circles were just frozen in place :cry:

1 Like

I have noticed this issue as well recently, I will investigate to see what could be the problem. I am hoping it’s a Roblox issue and not something that is related to my code as there were no errors showing up.

1 Like

That is definitely the vibe I feel some others are getting as well based on what they see in the gameplay thumbnail. Could I ask for your insights on how I can better represent this game on the face front? I do feel the gameplay itself is quite addicting once you begin playing, but I respect the different perspectives of others :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great game! I love it. The only thing is the sounds. the music seems sad… and the merging sound drives me crazy. I probably liked it more when my volume was all the way down.

2 Likes

You should make the cylinder on the left display the next color, showing 2 of the exact same cylinders don’t make a lot of sense to me

1 Like

I will definitely take that into consideration, I am currently finding out what kind of sound should be played that is both not annoying, but also satisfying. I will also add an option to mute the sound effects and music for your convenience. Is there a certain sound you would like to suggest me to look for?

2 Likes

I have considered this as an option, but I wanted to make the current version more of a pure randomized arcade game. In the near future, I will implement a competitive mode such that players will know what the next piece will be and the future pieces that come around! Stay tuned for that :smiley:

2 Likes

By the way using an autoclicker is very op

I scored 13k in like 1 minute with autoclicker, and scored 16k without an autoclicker in like 10 minutes

1 Like

There’s definitely some sort of strategy of using an auto clicker to speed up the points gain, but it depends if you want to strategize by playing it slow or fast. I don’t think I will punish players for just spamming their buttons, so feel free to use it as there’s a small cooldown between each drop! (aka using an auto clicker probably just saves you from being tired from clicking too much)

I mean, you don’t even need to move the mouse while using an autoclicker. You can just put your mouse to the corner and afk. And gain even more points than normal players

1 Like