DataDelve Canary

banner

This is used to be the main post for DataDelve, but is now for the canary version. Press this for the main one: DataDelve — easy, free datastore editor.

The canary version is just one that is more frequently updated. It will have newer features, but be less tested.

Get it here: https://create.roblox.com/store/asset/17652185888/DataDelve

19 Likes

I really like this plugin, good job! keep it up

This is way better than the Data Store editor plugin, and it saves and everything

inf/10

3 Likes

What is “the Data Store editor plugin”?

i mean this one: Free Datastore Editor plugin! [21K installs] [OPEN-SOURCE] - Resources / Community Resources - Developer Forum | Roblox

and i have a problem:
Why is it not showing the value names, it just: 1), 2) not like words
can you fix this problem and if its not plugin related how do i make it into words

Oh. I use Sleitnicks and it works perfectly. I think it’s paid though.

When you saved your data, if you saved it as an array, the plugin will show it as a numbered list.

This is an example of an array which would make it appear as numbers:

datastore:SetAsync("Player", {
    PlayerData = {
        true,
        true,
    }
}

If you want it to appear with words, you have to save the data like this:

datastore:SetAsync("Player", {
    PlayerData = {
        example1 = 0,
        example2 = true,
        example 3 = 0,
        example4 = true,
    }
}

if you already did this though, it’s probably a bug. DM me if you need more help. :wink:

Oh ok, thanks now its at words but unfortunately i have to reset our data

1 Like

quality of life update

User Id Shortcut

Finding a person’s UserId can be tedious, so I added a shortcut to help with that. In text boxes that accept keys, you can type in @username and it will replace it with the appropriate UserId. Place a backslash (\) before the @ to disable the shortcut.

other changes

• Added setting to enable AllScopes.
  • Text boxes are now auto-selected when opening the plugin and between sections. Now you don’t have to use your mouse!
  • Changed some colors in Studio theme preset.
  • Getting a key will now always get the latest result (no more caching).
  • Fixed bug with scrolling being disabled when right clicking key info.
2 Likes

This looks dope! This is some of the best UI I’ve ever laid my eyes upon for a plugin.

1 Like

Near-Complete API Coverage Update!

DataDelve now supports every method within the DataStore API except for GetGlobalDataStore and IncrementAsync,. The behavior of these methods can easily be replicated in the plugin, though.

Versions

You can now view and load versions. Right click a version and press delete to permanently delete it. This is useful when you mess something up. Versions last up to 30 days.

Metadata Editing

Right click on UserIds or Metadata to begin editing them. The limit for UserIds is 4 IDs, and for Metadata is 300 bytes.

Other Changes

• fixed bug when using @@ within textboxes that accept keys
  • fixed padding in lists
  • can now press enter to insert when in the insert popup
  • fixed long confirmation dialogs being cut off
1 Like

I dont know anything about metadata but how is that gonna help me?

You can use metadata to add extra information to your data like what version it is using. The metadata editing feature is just there in case you ever need to edit it.

Small Update

• UserIds and Metadata automatically open when viewing key info
  • CreatedTime and UpdatedTime are now readable dates
  • single month name is now accepted as a valid date

I’m working on tabs at the moment, but it will take some time because it’s a big refactor.

Great plugin! I’ve been looking for a datastore editor that allows you to revert player data to a previous version.

3 Likes

This looks like a great plugin! Nice job on it! How long did it take to create it fully?

1 Like

Thanks! It took a little over a month.

Another Update (7/19/2024)

Edit Menu

Right click on a value and click Edit to open the edit menu. The edit menu can be used for more precise editing. It can also be used to produce multiline strings.

Other changes

• You can now use the UserId shortcut in the DataStore name and scope. Thanks to @JoyfulFlowerMary for bringing up this issue!
  • Opening the plugin while on the client in a playtest will now tell you to switch to the server.
  • Ordered datastores have a different crumb icon.
  • Shorter error message when user is not found when using UserId shortcut.
  • Fixed bug with AllScopes input.
1 Like

7/20/2024 Update

8/3/2024 Update

• Reorder elements in an array by dragging
  • Added setting to hide the game name in the breadcrumbs (in case you have a really long game name)

Minor Changes

• Breadcrumbs will now shrink into a menu if it’s too big
  • Selected breadcrumb now displays with filled icon
  • Improved contrast when selecting some items in a key
  • Improved modal contrast in studio theme

Bug Fixes

• Fixed error when viewing key when window is really small
  • Select menu now clamps to window
2 Likes