Feedback on fireball spell explosion?

I like the particles and how it flys, however I’m still not liking the explosion. How could I make it more “Fire like”?

Thanks!

9 Likes

Dude the fireball is fire (no pun intended). As for the explosion you can make the actual explosion much faster (like make it increase in size faster) or maybe you can use a particle instead as an explosion. Maybe you can have some sort of ring mesh that can represent some sort of shockwave, idk.

If you’re going the particle route though, you can make a particle and then use :Emit(rate) to spawn a bunch of particles at the same time. I’ve seen it in some games, looks amazing.

2 Likes

Definitely stick with a particle as you did with he epic fireball for the explosion. You could also add some extra feedback such as bright lights, debris particles, damaged and scorched terrain, and other goodies to make the explosion more powerful and satisfying on impact.

Fireball looks absurdly cool by the way.

1 Like

The explosion looks like a “plasma explosion”, if you know what I mean. Fire is not that static, it is not like a singular perfect ball. Fire is abstract, they go everywhere. You can use Breath of the Wild’s explosions as reference. Alternatively, you can make a fire twhril that resembles a ball, like this one from Super Smash Bros. Ultimate:

Explosion like this is hard to make for sure, but I think it is worth it.
Edit: Yea I just realized my idea might be too ambitious, sorry.

1 Like