Feedback on FTUE and Quest System

The last couple of months me and my brother have been developing a game named Fishing Island and we asked for feedback about 10d ago ( link to previous post ) . We have now fixed all of the problems and improved everything that was brought to our attention.
We are now coming up with a new version and we would like you to help us with some feedback and suggestions regarding the first time User Experience. Also commentary regarding whether the game mechanics feel intuitive or not.

If you could answer these questions:

1. Do you feel lost?
  2. Are the gui buttons intuitive? Do they confuse you?
  3. Do you think the fishing mechanic is difficult or unintuitive?
  4. What would you suggest adding (mechanics, vendors, content, etc)?
  5. Does the Quest Log UI help you understand game mechanics, or does it feel annoying?
  6. What do you like the most from the existing content? What not?

In-Game image showing the new Quest Log UI:

Game Link:

Thank you for taking time to check the game :smile:

6 Likes

I couldn’t take a look at the original game but the image you showed looked really great. Good job on all UI’s. It looks clear and not that lost as you stated. Once again,
Hats off dude!

Okay i played your game and it was pretty good :smiley: !

Answers:

1. I didn’t feel that lost at all with those arrows you put in the game.

2. The button guis are pretty good, they are some of the best i have seen. And they weren’t confusing at all.

3. The fishing mechanic was good and nice, it wasn’t too difficult, the mechanic is good.

4. I would suggest adding a daily reward feature so players would be possibly motivated and get more coins/fish more.

5. The quest log gui is fine, it is also pretty nice that it isn’t always up in the screen. All you need to do is click a button to look at it.

6. I didn’t get to play much (i will try to later) so this is not my final answer. In my opinion, the fishing was the best from the existing content. And i actually don’t have an answer for what was the less great content since i didn’t get to play too much.

It was a pretty good game, i can see myself playing this again soon! I hope you continue to work hard on this game because this could possibly get a decent amount of players.

1 Like

I played the game and honestly, if I had the time, I’d play it for a few more hours. Very fun gameplay!

• Answers
  1. I didn’t feel that lost at all because of the arrows pointing where to go!

2. The UI is very easy to navigate and looks fitting for the game theme, however it’s not very clear what to do when the dialog pops up as there isn’t any text saying “Click anywhere to continue” or anything.

3. The fishing mechanic took a little bit to get used to, but that’s probably because I suck at games in general. The average player will easily learn the gameplay mechanics.

4. I can’t think of anything to add right now.

5. The quest log is good.

6. I really like the vibe from the music and the quest system which allows you to progress through the game.

Good luck with the game! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hmm, I see. True a daily login reward or maybe some daily quests would be pretty cool. Thanks for the advice :smile: