Feedback on game design

I currently have a larger game in development but, I would like to make a smaller game that will bring in some fans. I was thinking of a disaster survival game with a twist. The game would take place on the same map (regenerated after each round), and would have a variety of disasters and events such as, flooding, sword fights, etc. Just think of the games “Natural Disaster Survival” and “Epic Mini Games” mixed together.

Would this be too boring of game or, is it an over used idea? What could be some ways of monetization without it being pay to win? What would be some interesting disaster ideas?

2 Likes

I would personally enjoy this type of game. Possible forms of monetization is giving perks like choosing your own type of map to VIP server owners or paying to get a certain sword in the sword fight map.

1 Like

Suggestion: make two castles that have a team each to sword fight. I pay good money for it every time in Epic Minigames. (MAY BE COPYRIGHTED)

1 Like

Seems like it could attract some people. The fact that it’s just one map seems boring, so I suggest you add some fun stuff in that map. I think this would be interesting to see, a mix of two games. I wish you best of luck!

1 Like

Probably an overused idea, too much competition too. Your best bet is to make it extremely different to stand out, just like how indie games become popular.

1 Like

You can’t copyright ideas, patenting to stop competitors is the only way but it would be too time extensive and expensive.

2 Likes