Feedback on Gladiator Arena Map

Yeah I might, it will also help to bring up the game easier on first days after release coupled with ads

I would play it as it is, but what would make the feel better would be cages perhaps?

Like cages could have various beasts doing idle animations and they could be released during the game randomly or if someone pulls a lever or something to make it harder. Or you could pay Robux to make them come out. The cages would be built into the walls also.

1 Like

That’s a damn good idea actually. I am definitely working on this tomorrow . It is fun, cash grab, but I’ll make the animals attack everyone, no matter who released, so it’s not pay to win. And it would definitely make things more interesting.

Thanks for an amazing idea! I’ll post an update here tomorrow.

It actually looks pretty cool, looking forward to trying this game out. Hopefully when it’s released there is more action going on so it’s not so empty.

2 Likes

Thank You! I will be vigorously advertising via twitch streamers and roblox sponsors as soon as I release it, so that the game is not empty

It has a huge and nice potential. I personally would like to play it when it’s out!

1 Like

New small update. By the suggestion of @AkroThorn , I added a caged Hepard, that can be released to attack players. Every 3 seconds it chooses a random player close to it and lunges to attack.
It of course needs some improvements, like idle animation, but I wanted to share the prototype.

Can you add a build up to the pounce? So like it pressed off the ground before it attacks the player.

1 Like

Nice! Also, I think it would be great if there were more hepards in other cages around the arena, and if you were knocked back when the hepard attacked you.

1 Like

@Icantliveatlife good idea, I’ll modify the animation. @AkroThorn Thank You! I think adding more hepards would take away attention from the main focus of the game, which is intense skill based PVP combat. But attacking when someone is close to the cage is a great idea, I’ll add that.

Oh okay, thanks! However, if you’re only going to add one of the caged animals, I would recommend making something like a dragon in the front. It could randomly spew out flames or balls of fire from its mouth inside the cage at players, however if the players position themselves and some mirrors laying around the map correctly, they could ‘reflect’ the dragon’s fireballs to another player, or back into the cage, which would break the cage. So basically, as a prototype map (mirrors can be rotated by players) (top-down):

------------------------------dragon_cage--------------------------------
--------mirror-----------------------------------------------mirror---------

------------------mirror-----------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------mirror---------------mirror--------