Feedback on Main Menu & Pause Menu UI/UX | PB & Jay

I’m looking for feedback on my Main Menu & Pause Menu UI/UX:

Game Link: PB & Jay | In-dev - Roblox

Note that the game is available on Mobile, Console, and PC. Thus, UI/UX must make sense for those platforms.

Noting feedback from another topic:

The UI is now more responsive and the coin counter UI area is smaller. I might change the look of the counter in the future.

Anyhow, I have also removed the loading screen for now to make it so players get into the fun as quick as they can. This does mean players occasionally see the world loading in slowly.

4 Likes

I think you should make the menus that open be a bit smaller; They just take up a very large portion of the screen and make things feel cramped. I also think it’d be better if the little popping noises happened when you hovered over something rather than clicked it. I also assume this is a priority/planned thing of yours at some point, but I think menu music would liven it up a lot too.

1 Like

I’ll experiment will smaller sizes for the menus like controls, options, etc. I’ll have to keep the mobile experience in mind, it can’t be too small. But, I do agree, it can feel “cramped”.

I think there should be a slight sound effect when hovering, but also keeping the clicking sound.

It’s on the Trello list and I totally agree.

Over the years I’ve grown my skills in various fields, but not music composition. SFX I’m fine with I think. Creating an OST though, it’s something I’d love to do, but I would end up disliking the result.

I have FL Studio, a Midi keyboard, a mic, I just need the practice and motivation. :sweat_smile:

1 Like