Feedback on Modern Cafe Exterior

Hi!
I built this cafe a while ago, and I was thinking of putting it to use or selling it. I’d really appreciate some feedback and ratings!
P.S. I know the plants are free models, I am working on making my own. For now I just want to know what you think of the structure itself and how I can improve it. :slight_smile:

PICTURES:

Thanks so much for your help!
Zack

24 Likes

Hey,

From what I can see it looks nice and modern. (Love the skybox!)
It would be more helpful if you could provide more angles of the exterior but from what I can see it looks pretty good.

The only thing I personally would change would be making the pillar and extended roof on the right either closer/shorter or longer/farther away to/from the building. The only reason I would make it long is if you are going to make outdoor seating under, otherwise I suggest making it smaller.

Good luck with this and with whatever you decide to use it for.

-Cap

4 Likes

Thank you very much for the help! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d recommend adding more variety and plants outside the cafe (maybe even a fun easter egg or two?). Other than that, it looks awesome! Good luck with selling or using it.

2 Likes

Looks great! Keep up the good work, cant wait to see the interior! :smile:

2 Likes

Like everyone is saying, the cafe looks amazing! However, I think the outside needs a bit more decoration. Maybe add some plants or rocks? Any little nice decorations, but so far is looking great!

2 Likes

Your “Cafe Exterior” looks really good, i like all the different details you. added to it. And the shape and details are really nice it looks really detailed however. Since your going for a modern cafe look, i would try adding some different vegetation and. Outdoor decor so it could look more better and fit the style your going for! Overall it will add a nice addition to your, modern cafe and as well mostly these kind of modern cafe styles. You will see potted plants next to the door way. You could try doing something like that and maybe even! Add a garden featuring some flowers, rocks, plants, little pond, ect. However you don’t want to go overboard, with the details since the land is a little big and there could be. More things added to it you could also add, some walkway lights, outdoor lights, and some bushes next to the entrance. That’s what i’ll add since you already got the cafe name implemented to the, building so you don’t have to add no sign inside. The ground part just try adding some different kind of! Vegetation a long the grass part try doing something simple you don’t want, to go in all the details since it’s just the exterior. I would recommend you implement a (Modern Water Element Fountain) next by. The bushes or in the middle of the walkway i know.

It will, give your cafe a more better style to it overall, it seems you already added some bushes on the side! By the entrance but i would try adding some. Wall lights depending if you make it night on your. Cafe it will give it a very nice design, anyways if you search up modern cafe exterior you will mostly see they implement some chairs, tables, benches, trash can, statues, or plants depending on what kind of style your. Making however since yours is quite large, and big i would just add little decor around the exterior! Part just to look more better and have those details it’s suppose to have in front of modern cafes in real life. Overall can’t wait to see more, details added to the exterior very soon!!

Anyways, you have done a really good job on. Your cafe it looks really good and detailed can’t wait to see more of your work very soon. And the final update of your cafe, the decorations i listed above you could add a couple to the exterior. Part since all you have in trees, plants, and bushes there could be a bunch of more. Things but some modern cafes don’t always, hold those kind of details they mostly go for, a simple design for the exterior some do! Some don’t but if you want to add a lot of details those, are some i would recommend you try, implementing to your cafe overall. Hope to see the improvements you add, to the exterior part very soon overall nicely done on your amazing modern cafe build!!

4 Likes

Thanks so much HabibiBean! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for the very detailed feedback!

2 Likes

Yes, good idea! Thank you so much!

2 Likes

I think the exterior looks great. However, I would add more to the terrain. The pathways could also use some work. Maybe using parts instead of a texture for the path would look better.

3 Likes

The exterior of the building itself is really nice and modern. The skybox gives it a nice feel too, but the terrain is lacking. There is very little detail and you can make it nicer by adding benches, more trees, etc.

2 Likes

Looks great!
I would highly recommend adding more to the grass and pathways outside, such as adding lights and better plants, as well as maybe trying out the ROBLOX terrain feature? Overall, the building is great, looks amazing, however, the general outside area looks poorly made, you should definitely try and improve on it.

Other than that, it looks amazing! Good luck!

2 Likes

Alright, thank you so much for your help!

2 Likes

So far it looks good! I would recommend replacing the palm trees with assets you made. The trees are too realistic for the build. I also recommend adding rocks surrounding the map to make it look more like a island. Keep up the good work1

2 Likes

The exterior is plain and the plants are repetitive. Maybe add some hills and different plants, place some sands near the water and make it look natural.

Keep up the good work :wink:

2 Likes

It looks real nice, I like the cafe itself, the only things I would change is the roof, needs some extension on the front.

2 Likes

It looks great! But maybe scale it, as it looks very big in contrast with the player.

2 Likes

I’m not sugarcoating this response at all, but instead I want to give my honest criticisms. I think it’s important to practice often if you want to get good at building, but I can’t help but pick out many of the inconsistencies within your building.

You’ve got around 5 different sections that don’t really work too well together in my opinion, which can lead to a messy presentation. The best thing to do is stick to maybe one or two distinct styles, instead of trying to add in multiple funky elements that haven’t been executed all too greatly. Specifically the large white wedge part you have, and then the windows next to it not matching the ones below it.

Overall, if you want to improve, I would probably take a bit more care within each section, and make sure that everything is perfect. Definitely use strict references when you’re starting out to give you a guide. All I think it’ll need is a few patches and fixes, something I can pick out already is that there should probably be a part on the top of the second floor window, and your wooden panel on the left hand side unless if that’s intentional.

Happy developing!

3 Likes

Depending on how you do the interior, have you considered adding a balcony? I thought that’d look a little neat with the way you have that one exterior pillar and overhanging roof set up.

Speaking of the roof, the roof kinda does look a little bland, you should try and do some touching up on it.

3 Likes