Feedback on Modern Cafe Exterior

Great work! I really like your use of different materials throughout the build. The skybox you’ve used is also very nice and creates a calming atmosphere. Here are some of my suggestions as to how you could improve on the exterior further:

Terrain

I agree with @Cobaltum and @UndecidedFactor that the exterior needs more dynamic terrain. In addition to the likes of hills or a sandy shore on the island, I think adding some smaller islands or rocks in the surrounding water would help to build a more immersive world. You could even add a second secret island in the distance for players to discover!

I’ve attached a photograph above of a building on a small island that you might be able to use as inspiration.

Fog

Something I noticed in the screenshots was that a patch of water in the distance appears to be missing or not yet loaded. I think making use of Roblox’s fog property would be an effective way of hiding instances like this, creating a more immersive environment in the process.

Conclusion

Suggestions aside, I really like where you’re going with this build. As mentioned above, I think your use of materials on the exterior of the building is great and the skybox you’ve chosen works excellently with the setting.

I hope my suggestions inspire you to make the exterior even better!

5 Likes

It is very creative and pretty. Great work orginal to

2 Likes

This was extremely helpful! Thank you so much!

1 Like

Overall build is very good but there are two things to change.
Your island is just square. It shouldn’t look like that. You have to add some sand, also, add some curves to the island.
Water looks bad and unrealistic. Change water’s Reflectance to something about 0.2, Transparency to 0.4 and color to lighter one. Other things are really good. I hope I helped you a lot! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awesome, you really did! Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello OP! As a builder, exterior is probably the most challenging for some. This is a really beautiful exterior, however…

If I was in your shoes, I would make my pathway have more things visually. Overlaying textures to create a faux texturemap, (i.e. brick over concrete. Brick being 1 (100 opacity), and concrete being .5-.8 (50-80% opacity.) or vice versa.

Lighting.
Lighting is always missed in these posts. Don’t make such a beautiful building if you’re not going to use shadowmap with color correction, sunrays, and a mild blur. A light purple, almost white hue, or a yellow almost white hue will make your building look pretty, and modern.

Terrain
Your terrain is lacking. If you’re going for a modern-low-poly mix, use the terrain tools + bricks for texture & visualization. Modern can be achieved in many ways, and simple changes like these will drastically improve your build.

Edit:

Your skybox choice is nice, however it looks pixelated in the photos, and looks a bit unfitting. I would play around with the high quality skyboxes made by @Q_Q. Their skyboxes are usually my go-to when I can’t make anything.

2 Likes

Alright, thanks so much for your help!! :slight_smile:

The cafe itself is very good. However, maybe make the island more organic and natural instead of a flat square.

1 Like

Hiya! Your build looks really awesome! I really enjoy the modern touch to it, along with the tropical set!

A few things that I would suggest is having some terrain models on the outside for a better outward appearance. For the exterior of the building, I was a bit confused of why this (the picture below) was there. Is it part of the interior? Or just some decor. Please let me know so I can help you out a little bit more! image

1 Like

Hi, thanks for your help! Yeah, that was just for decor, since I wanted to add a white element so that it’s not all gray. You can let me know what you think about it though, and whether I should remove it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great work! It has a great sophisticated modern feel.

Just some constructive criticism:

• Try to experiment with different textures on the outside instead of wood, you can also try to unionize the parts so there is one texture across the piece and not multiple in different orientations

• Try to experiment with different lighting shades.

• Use the game render plugin to make the game less pixely.

1 Like

Nice job.

The grass feels a bit too vibrant and the island has a blocky cube shape.

As for the building itself, I don’t really see anything you should change. The building is nice and well thought it.

Good job.

1 Like