Feedback on my AK-47 Render!

I have been working on modeling an AK-47 and this is my unfinished render.

There are still some areas of improvement but tell me how you think about it!

0 voters

9 Likes

Hmm. For some reason it is only allowing certain groups to vote.

1 Like

I like the model. The texture is the only thing I didn’t like as much.
Is the texture supposed to be all over the gun? Because I think it should be on some parts, places.
Anyways, the model is pretty cool :clap: :clap:.

2 Likes

What parts do you think it should be on then?

The stock, body, anything that isn’t functional like the barrel or trigger.

2 Likes

So you think I should turn those into metal?

The main concept of the gun is very nice, I think the only problem is that it’s a little blocky, gives a little “funny” vibe you know wot I mean, and a little fat.

Those stuff he mentioned. Sorry if I sounded a bit rude.
I don’t like being negative. Not even a little.

I didn’t really think you were being rude lol. I can take harsh feedback.

1 Like

Looks good for a start, but the texture isn’t very good. It could use more details like holes in the barrel casing. The barrel is very good though.

1 Like

I like the model overall just don’t like the texture.

Why is the gun so wide though?

The gun is dummy thicc you need to make that thing skinnier

1 Like

Where should it be skinnier? What parts?

I modeled it from the side view and did not take much time to do it from top.

The entire thing pretty much, except for the very front where the bullets come out (Those can’t really be made thinner), but the rest of the gun is too thick to even hold in a player’s hand! I would say scale it down by 0.75x to 0.5x, depending on the spot.

Okay. Does this look good?

3 Likes

A LOT better. I think it loos pretty good now. would change my rating from a 6 to an 8. Just needs the texture fixed like they said and it should be ready to go.

2 Likes

I might be wrong but it looks like its not separated accordingly, you should work on the handle, stock etc separately instead of the whole thing being connected

2 Likes

I’d suggest to have a gradient background and the model it self can use a lot of improvements. It’s also rounded in areas where it shouldn’t be. (for example the magazine shouldn’t be very round and just have beveled edges and the stock is too rounded on the end and not rounded enough on top) The trigger guard also looks like it’s part of the body, suggest making that a simular width of the trigger. I also think this gun is way too thick and usually there would be a lot of edges where the stock/handle connects. I’m not sure if the stock of this ak is wood but I don’t think the stock would have camo or at least not on the end. The magazine also shouldn’t have a camo and anything else it’s pretty good. (oh also last thing for the magazine, try to make the magazine and the body the same almost the same width so it looks like theres a hole for a magazine instead of the magazine looking like it’s attached to the body)