Feedback on my facility

PLEASE. READ. ME. FIRST.

I will not tolerate any sugarcoating! If you like my build, please use the heart icon! Please only reply to this topic if you have real, honest, and helpful feedback! I am growing tired of not receiving criticism. Thank you!

Click on me if you read the statement above!

I’ve been working on a facility for a couple of months now and I’ll love some feedback!

Here are some screenshots

I would highly recommend playing the game to experience the build fully!

43 Likes

Looks great! Here are a few things I would change:

• Choose a different font for the signs on the wall/above the door. I’d recommend something that looks a bit more industrial.

• Add some simple furnishings to the lobby area. You could just add some benches, boxes, or even potted plants.

4 Likes

It looks very nice in my opinion, there’s not much I would change. Really the only thing that I think could be improved are those 2 front rooms, the ones with the one-way windows. They could have a little panel that could have notepads/binders or little trinkets that are just there to be decorative. There isn’t much else I could think of.

2 Likes

How do these look?

The lobby is a work in progress, but thanks for the suggestions!

1 Like

Big improvement! You could even try a stencil font (where there are breaks in each letter as if a stencil was used to spray them on), if possible. Stencil fonts are usually what I imagine when I think of military or government-type facilities.

1 Like

Great idea! I using the 3D text plugin for the text and It doesn’t have that kind of font. Do you know how I can get it?

Unfortunately, I’m not sure. If you are willing, you COULD model each letter individually, but that would be a lot of work. If not, I would stick with the font you have currently. :+1:

2 Likes

Would recommend adding a bit more detail to the doors, potentially utilizing some custom textures or something.

Also just be carful with some of your terrain, you don’t want it to look too flat I think

flat only on one side though

2 Likes

It is nice, I like it. However, there are a few things I would change:

• I would make the doors more than a textured part. I feel this really adds detail to a game!
  • Add more detail to the roof.
  • Decorate the walls. If it is an SCP site you’re making, add some posters about SCPs you may encounter.
2 Likes

In all honesty this is very good! However, here are a few things that I would improve/change:

In this picture I would suggest changing the material of the molding on the floor and ceiling to metal. I would also add some caution tape to the floor.

In this picture I would suggest making some lines going across, somewhat like what I did in this picture. I would also make the lines look more like caution tape.

In this picture I would add some security cameras to the concrete posts, as it gives the whole scene more of an eerie feel. I would also add some more detail to the crates, as they look like very simple. And if you wanted to get really detailed, you could make a forklift prop and place it near the crates.

Hope this helps, and as always, keep up the great work friend! :smiley:

Edit: I also suggest making all of the doors more detailed, as they currently look a bit bland.

2 Likes

It looks great! I would change one thing though, Wich is the colors, The red pathway comes out a little strange with the grey walls and maybe add a little more colors (Don’t have to be light ones, could be black, different shade of gray, etc…)

1 Like

I have a Foundation too, but this one is really well made. Great job :+1:

1 Like

Updated the lobby!

Old (ewww)

New!

5 Likes

I like the structure but I recommend using more shapes since if you look far away everything look very blocky, use rounded blocks or create some details on the door, door frame, walls.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! The style I’m going for will require a large amount of blocks in it. I will add a lot of detail though! :smiley:

Firstly, part of the facility is empty as heck. Add desks, tables, chairs, etc.

Second, the lighting on the other hand needs some work. It just looks bland and doesn’t seem to bring it into a “natural type vibe”.

Thirdly, Text’s which you have on the wall just looks too huge and the font isn’t that well either. Make them come together not spaced out and have the text like this:
Picture: image.

Fourth, the trees you got there, it barely fits with the kind of game you’re trying to make. Make some like realistic type trees. I don’t think having a part and resizing it & then adding a grass Material gives it a point.

And lastly, you need to work on some Textures for your game. It just looks simple, add some textures to the floor, walls, give it a life like vibe.

(Not being rude, opinions are for to improve! Goodluck! :smile:)

1 Like

I agree with you here! The place is a WIP, so be ready to see a lot of decorations. :wink:

I am absolutely trash with lighting, when I tried to have each light emit light, it looked strange. I will defiantly spend one day fixing it!

If you want to to add custom textures, I don’t want to do that because I tend to use the default Roblox materials for all my builds.

Omg! I never realized that the trees inside aren’t the same as the outside. I will fix it ASAP!

You really used the word “vibe” in here. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think everything looks great in the original as well as the revisions you did, but I would like to suggest finding a way to blend your coloring a little more. In the first screenshot for example, I really like how you used the red lines on the ground and on some of the boxes to stand out from the grays of the infrastructure of the build, and I think it would be neat if you added red or some other color on some of the walls of the interior or other places in the build to make the interior and other areas seem slightly more polished and less barren with all the grays and blacks that are in there.

Also, tiny nitpick, but I personally think the carpets in the fourth screenshot look a little bizarre with the fabric material. Maybe it has to do with the fact that they’re only covering a small section of the floor, but again, it’s just a nitpick so you can just make your own decision about whether you’d like to change it or not.

1 Like

Looks great, but I personally think that the walls need slightly more attention. Most of your coloring and organization looks great, so is your detail. Also, your font could use a touch-up.

2 Likes

I think the lighting needs some work. It’s quite boring. Work with the Depth of Field, Atmosphere, ColorCorrection, and Skybox. I recommend using Atmos, by @Elttob.

2 Likes