Feedback on my facility

Thanks for the feedback! The style I’m going for will require a large amount of blocks in it. I will add a lot of detail though! :smiley:

Firstly, part of the facility is empty as heck. Add desks, tables, chairs, etc.

Second, the lighting on the other hand needs some work. It just looks bland and doesn’t seem to bring it into a “natural type vibe”.

Thirdly, Text’s which you have on the wall just looks too huge and the font isn’t that well either. Make them come together not spaced out and have the text like this:
Picture: image.

Fourth, the trees you got there, it barely fits with the kind of game you’re trying to make. Make some like realistic type trees. I don’t think having a part and resizing it & then adding a grass Material gives it a point.

And lastly, you need to work on some Textures for your game. It just looks simple, add some textures to the floor, walls, give it a life like vibe.

(Not being rude, opinions are for to improve! Goodluck! :smile:)

1 Like

I agree with you here! The place is a WIP, so be ready to see a lot of decorations. :wink:

I am absolutely trash with lighting, when I tried to have each light emit light, it looked strange. I will defiantly spend one day fixing it!

If you want to to add custom textures, I don’t want to do that because I tend to use the default Roblox materials for all my builds.

Omg! I never realized that the trees inside aren’t the same as the outside. I will fix it ASAP!

You really used the word “vibe” in here. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think everything looks great in the original as well as the revisions you did, but I would like to suggest finding a way to blend your coloring a little more. In the first screenshot for example, I really like how you used the red lines on the ground and on some of the boxes to stand out from the grays of the infrastructure of the build, and I think it would be neat if you added red or some other color on some of the walls of the interior or other places in the build to make the interior and other areas seem slightly more polished and less barren with all the grays and blacks that are in there.

Also, tiny nitpick, but I personally think the carpets in the fourth screenshot look a little bizarre with the fabric material. Maybe it has to do with the fact that they’re only covering a small section of the floor, but again, it’s just a nitpick so you can just make your own decision about whether you’d like to change it or not.

1 Like

Looks great, but I personally think that the walls need slightly more attention. Most of your coloring and organization looks great, so is your detail. Also, your font could use a touch-up.

2 Likes

I think the lighting needs some work. It’s quite boring. Work with the Depth of Field, Atmosphere, ColorCorrection, and Skybox. I recommend using Atmos, by @Elttob.

2 Likes

Thank you for reminding me about Atmos! I forgot that I had Robux to spend to buy it! :smiley:

1 Like

This makes everything look a LOT better! Thank you!

Sorry for the late reply, but what roof are you referring to? And what could I add to decorate it?

Looks good, but, to give it the best “facility” vibe, something I recommend is setting the lighting technology to “Future”. It really gives me that facility vibe.

1 Like

Please, use more wedges, it would definitely benefit your build and make it look more detailed. Plus, some parts of your build look very, very thick.

1 Like

Do you mind showing where I could add wedges and where the build looks thick?

Sure!

Your crates and concrete barriers could use more detail.

Your large facility door could use a bevel on the edges, and more detail, like some different colors and a proper spot for the keycard scanner (what I suppose it is).
image Your barrier looks very thick.
And your furniture in this room could definitely use way more detail, like beveled edges.

1 Like

I added a bevel on the large door. Thanks for the help!

Screenshots

After playing the game, here’s a huge list of things I think you could improve:

• Some cylinder pillars (most noticeably in the place I spawned) were not connected to the wall.
  • Some of the pipes had these wheel decals on them, but the decals were going through the ceiling.
  • Most of the trees aren’t fully planted into the snow.
  • The white grass to replicate snowy grass is nice, but it looks too grey, almost looks completely dead. Maybe tint it light blue.
  • The rocky borders (to stop people from jumping off the map) are odd. They’re a quick change from terrain to parts and I think it doesn’t blend well.
  • The use of terrain paths is great, it makes the snow seem like it’s seeping into the bricks themselves. The path at some points seems to dent into the ground, since Roblox didn’t intend for them to be high-detailed it looks weird.
  • In the elevators room there is a table with mini-trees on them. It looks like a huge bench with shrunken trees, you could fix this by turning them into shelves or just removing them.

Good work overall though, love the atmosphere. Sorry if the feedback is harsh, seems like you wanted it though. If some of it is confusing, it’s because I was in-game giving feedback as I saw fit. I can add screenshots to bits of feedback if you need more clarification on them.

1 Like

I really did! :wink: Thanks for the feedback!

I raised up the path a little bit more. I hope that fixes that problem.

Screenshots

Made them shelfs.

Screenshot

Do you have any suggestions on how I could fix that?

I had a hard time noticing this, can I have some screenshots?

I tried making it a little bit blue, but I was very hard.

Screenshots

1 Like

Here’s what I was referring to:

It might be intentional but I wasn’t sure because some of your other pipes looked like they’re going into the wall.

Over here you might want to raise the pathway.
d677f5e4f9ed9ccfea4e17466a0706f1

Have you tried copying and pasting the color code from snow? Here’s what I mean:

a83713d5fa5e1fb686f5c623a444fc5a

There’s only one way I thought of how you could handle this and that’s using a Part2Terrain plugin and then adding an invisible barrier so players can’t climb out of it.

Also for a little bit more of feedback:

• You could add light beams for the lights you have outside:
  • I’m not 100% sure but do the tree leaves have the DoubleSided property set to true? They look more full if it is.

Great work btw!

1 Like

It was intentional.

Okay.

I’ll do that later. :wink:

Great idea!

1 Like

Looks nice but some more touches can be made.

• Play around with Roblox lighting to get a nicer atmosphere to your game

• You’re using a lot of default Roblox textures, Have a play around with user-made textures [here] (More Materials - Roblox) are the ones I use.

• Have a play around with Roblox’s terrain colouring to give it a more realistic colour.

• Finally have some good reference pictures and look at the tiny details to do some fine detailing.

1 Like

Also instead of having things to be very blocky add in some curvature (Refence pics are handy)

1 Like