Feedback on my first "3D" low poly clothing using accessories

So i probably spent way too long at this (because of the weird RightUpperLeg weld glitch) which i will mention [a fix] at the end but I just want to showcase this firefighter model using accessories. Still needs some more tweaking but its really close to finish.

Dont know if i should call the clothing “armour” because its technically clothing but the only reason why devs would choose this style over standard clothing is because they world use it for armour.

Here are the images of the model (am too lazy to render in Blender)

Body shot

NOTE: I didnt make the hat

Close ups

Pants and boots:

Jacket

Back

Player wearing it

Now like I said its not finished yet. The only thing missing is the gas tank and mask thing that firefighters wear but i forgot the name of it. If anyone knows what it is called and what it looks like just let me know. Much appreciated. (Havent roleplayed in forever)

Fixing the weird RightUpperLeg accessory bug

RobloxStudioBeta_h7SkkAYIcq (In a stationary position)
If anyone wants to do something similar just keep in mind that creating an accessory for the RightUpperLeg is broken.

So i spend far longer at this than actually modeling the firefighter. Turns out the weld AccessoryWeld would weld to LowerTorso instead of RightUpperLeg.

Here is the script that I found in the linked forum thread.

-- (Originally in a for loop)
			if v.Name =="ArmourLegRT" then -- The accessory to fix in the players character.
				repeat
					wait()
					plr.ArmourLegRT.Handle:WaitForChild("AccessoryWeld").Part1 = plr.RightUpperLeg
					print("waiting for weld")
				until plr.ArmourLegRT.Handle.AccessoryWeld.Part1 == plr.RightUpperLeg -- make sure that Part1 is the RightUpperLeg instead of the LowerTorso
				local weld = plr.ArmourLegRT.Handle.AccessoryWeld -- The weld in the broken accessory
				weld.C0 = CFrame.new(0,0,0)
				weld.C1 = CFrame.new(0,0,0) -- basically centers the weld to the upperleg
			end
-- FIXED!

And thats it, Fixed for me at least. Was about to go insane and post another thread about this.

Any feedback/ideas appreciated. Probably will be using this model for future projects. Thx for reading.

1 Like

Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 1.29.26 PM
bro how you got windows 12.

1 Like