Feedback on my first GFX

So I am working on my new (first ever decent project) game, you can find more here

I made a GFX for my first minigame wich I edited a bit afterwards in photoshop. This is also one of my first GFX that I made so I would like to get some feedback on it to know If it looks good or not.

ingame it looks like this

10 Likes

Love it! Looks really graphic. The explosion is WOW.

2 Likes

Very cool creation! Good luck with it!

1 Like

For your first GFX, its REALLY, REALLY good! A few things to think about for next time though:

• The sky looks a bit out of place

• the explosions give off no light

Overall an amazing job, You’ll only get better with time. :+1:

3 Likes

thanks!
For the explosion light, I added it you can see it on the walls and on the person who is flying where there is a orange light shining but the sunlight is brighter I think that is the problem, maybe I should increase the power of the explosion light. Oh and what do you mean about the sky, how can I change/improve that?
PS I am making a game all on my own and it is actually fun to learn every thing from creating a game, from building a map to scripting it, making the gui and now making a GFX, it is alot of work but I love working on it :grin:

1 Like

Only issue is that the sky and explosion are a bit too high definition compared to the rest of the image. Having more realistic elements while other elements are not so real makes images look questionable.

1 Like

Great for your first GFX, the quality is great. Keep honing your skills.

5 Likes

Yes I get you, but that was kinda a bit my point to make the GFX that it would look a bit more realistic I will think of it if I will change it

not great, because the sky is too clear, the snake eyes blend in with the hair, the map is too empty, the lighting isn’t correct, or smooth, the bombs looks weird (the fire), and the explosion also looks weird. what is the orange stuff on the floor btw?

the orange stuff on the floor is the shadow of the bomb and the player but it looks orange because of the explosion

1 Like

It looks amazing, but here is something I have noticed.

In the in-game image you showed, the white text struggles to contrast itself from the background, which can be a problem for people trying to read and also doesn’t look that nice. I recommend giving it a transparent black background (with transparency of 0.5 or 0.75) to help the white text more easier to read.

1 Like

thanks!
I will change that and show you the update

1 Like

I just realized this just now, but maybe you could make the text blue instead of white and the background white instead of black. This way, it better fits with the rest of the text in-game. Again, it’s up to you.

1 Like

man this is really good if this was y first GFX I would be proud of myself it just be that explosion it looks like it is an image pasted on the picture otherwise its :100: :+1:

1 Like

thanks! and the explosion actually it is an image :sweat_smile: