Feedback On My Game, Super Speed Race Simulator! (Beta)

Hey there!

I just published the Beta Version of my game, SUPER SPEED RACE SIMULATOR!

Game Link:

https://www.roblox.com/games/6079125551/Super-Speed-Race-Simulator-Beta

I have been working on it for awhile, and I would really like some feedback on it.

1. What’s your overall opinion of the game, the good the bad?

2. Would you come back again?

3. Is it user friendly to you, or hard to get around with all the GUIs and everything else?

4. How are well are the robux items priced?

5. Is it fun or does it get monotonous?

6. How is the GUI?

7. What should be added/got rid of?

8. What do you like/dislike about it?

9. Are the race tracks good or missing something?

10. Are the game mechanics good?

11. Have you joined the group?(Trick Question😆)

I can’t actually believe that this is even happening and that it is in beta! This game has come a long way, and I look forward to what the end result will be when it comes.

Thanks!

3 Likes

its against rules, you should only ask feedback not rating

1 Like

Oh really ok… I will change that…

Edit: Fixed it

Ok yeah sorry about the rating thing…

Does that mean I should take out the other one as well?

yea i guess read official rules of devforum

My Honest opinion is 99.99% no

I dont really like the UI Design that much, kinda bad

Also the steps UI when it says " 1+ Steps! " Doesnt even line up with the actual amount that is showed on the right side of the screen

100 Robux for 2x Votes??? Why are 2x votes so overprices??

0.3 Keyword: Starter Speed??? 200 Robux??? That’s Useless!

Its not that fun, Its like other speed simulator games, kinda boring, and also you should add more orbs, players will legit steal those and its so hard to get actual speed, I had like 80 steps and only had like 3 speed, same when I had 1.1k steps but then only have 15 speed, its so fustrating and grindy and players who have money will only be better than everyone else, win all of the races, and snatch the orbs that have a lack of Quantity. Orbs Should give you points, points should be used to buy boost and multipliers, not a few particles and walking animations??? Orbs Should also give XP, The Next Rebirth part is fifteen and on level two you have to collect freaking 500XP! Also why the heck does the chat get spammed so much with system messages?? practically every minute I get a message saying this or that, when in reality It should just be something like 5. The Orange Orb doesn’t match up with its collecting text color, The Race Is Super Hard To Get into considering its so hard to get 30 speed, that’s why the " No One Joined??? " Text Keeps Coming Up, tbh their shouldn’t even be a level barrier, this is holding back players because they will still get orbs from their and orbs don’t have the best quantity.

Its super basic

Most of them are bad, I don’t like the fact that you get barely any speed and your steps doesn’t actually match up for every foot you put down after the other

Overall, this games a mess and I don’t feel like playing it, theirs a lot of design flaws to it, and I don’t think other players will have fun either, this games to similar to other speed games. Im probaly not going to play the game again because In my honest opinion, I think its bad.

2 Likes

Now you may be saying, " StarJ3M, What The Heck? He Worked So Hard On This Game And Your Just Going to Trash It?! " I know how it feels like to work hard on a game for months, Ive been in that place and I still am myself, But this is constructive criticism, and should Not be taken as hate

– You Wanted Feedback, Well I gave you some.

Ok, thank you for the feedback, I will do what I can to improve it

1 Like

Oh no it is all good, it is your feedback and that is that, no issue!

2 Likes

So first off, the UI is eh, it is a little bland. Plus the +1 step popping up every step is kind of annoying. The map could also use some improvements. The idea isn’t really original, but I like how you did give it some unique points.

1 Like

I played the game. Looks like there are some people playing, good for you!

Here are my thoughts:

Good. It could use some improvement, but it’s pretty good.

GUIs are fine, but to improve UX, add a close (X) button at the top right of the Gui frame, don’t just change the text to ‘close’. It gets confusing, especially when you have multiple frames open.

I actually think that they’re priced pretty well.

When you’re grinding to get up to 30 speed so that you can race on all tracks, yes.

A how to play section is in order. There are a lot of mechanics that need explaining. There also need to be a lot more orbs. When I first joined and had almost no speed, it was a dog-eat-dog world to see who could get the orbs.

I like the simple playstyle, and that there can be a lot of people in the lobby at one point.

Overall though, the only thing holding you back from greatness is…

Graphics. Compare the simple parts-building style of the game to other simulators, and you’ll find that it’s a little behind when it comes to graphics. Even a few lighting tweaks could make the game much better looking.

Overall though, the maps are fun, it has a cool little niche of people playing, and I would say that its a job well done.

Best of luck to you with your game :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok there is a reason it was a lot more boring for you all, when lots of people join over a long period of time, the game gets laggy, and for awhile it was extremely laggy, until I shut down the server, so I am going to try to fix all that.

1 Like

Honesty its decent… but here is a few comments:
Based on the questions.

1. Its not very unique, that is one thing I do when designing new games. You have to include ways to make the game more fun, rather than just forward progression. You should add elements to the game so you can work on multiple things at once.

2. Honestly its not very enjoyable to me, so I don’t believe I would.

3. It seems pretty good for a starting game. As a reminder, nothing is perfect. Each game you create makes you better. Overall its not covering your screen too much, you leave a perfect center area.

4. In speaking of Robux items… thank you for not inserting OP gamepasses, like infinite speed or something. When I think Robux, its about controlling prices and ensuring a fair chance for free to play players to get on the leaderboards. Also, most players don’t spend much Robux. At best they spend a bit less than 1k robux on your game if they really enjoy it. So I recommend setting some prices low enough for players to get a good but not overpowered push. In terms of pricing, its not too bad, although some shop items are a bit underpriced (Like the steps). However, the bundles seem a bit too overpriced to me. Make sure they save players Robux or give them bigger value.

5. Monotonous to say the least.

6. Its simple, but not terrible.

7. I think more unique features should get added, plus get rid of a few useless shop items like 2x votes. I mean, its not that important.

8. It has a lot of cosmetics, and some of them can only be seen in the daily shop.

9. Needs a ton more work.

10. XP system needs rebalancing, and shop should feature some items that are only found in the daily shop.

1 Like

Awesome feedback, thanks I will work on those things. Could you elaborate on the rebalancing of the xp system?

I’m not exactly sure if you changed the xp gain or not, but it seems to be faster after rejoining the game. It might have been a slow server.

It’s not bad, but it’s unoriginal.

I honestly wouldn’t, it isn’t the type of game I would normally play and there are more games like yours. For example, Legends of Speed.

It definitely is user friendly, the GUI is decent overall, easy to get used to.

The regular game passes are priced at a fair amount, but the bundles are overpriced in my opinion.

As this isn’t the type of game I would normally play, it’s monotonous.

The GUI is decent, but it could be improved. It’s easy to use.

I recommend adding a mute music button.

I’ve played a few races, and I think it’s good. You could add some more detail but overall, very good.

They are, it’s easy to get used to. Even for mobile.

I hope this feedback helps you improve the game, good luck.

Yes it was a slow server, currently I do not have a fix to the lag

1 Like

Here’s my feedback on it:

1. It looks good, exciting and fun.
  2. No, but that’s more a personal opinion since I don’t really like these kind of type of games.
  3. I had a hard time using the UI, I would let it be remade by a proffesional.
  4. I’m not good at noting that, but imo it’s good enough.
  5. For me it gets monotonous, but that’s just personal opinion related to point No.2.
  6. Bad, very, read more at point No.3.
  7. I noticed that the inventory looks a lot like a level picker in a game, only what you have should be noted, and not what’s not unlocked. It should be a real inventory.
  8. I like the intro and the overall work spent init, but I feel like it’s boring and the lightning and map is for example to “default”.
  9. No, everyone chooses some sort of underground cave thing.
  10. Good enough, I would like to see it more polished though.
  11. No, I didn’t see a reason for that.

Above is my honest feedback, no problem for providing :smile:

1 Like
  • What’s your overall opinion of the game, the good the bad?

I’m going to be completely honest like if I was you asking people’s opinion this is what I wanted to hear from someone.
The game is confusing, when I joined I knew what you had to do to gain more speec, etc but the fact that the voting GUI popped up for a new player who never played the game ever before made me confused.

• Would you come back again?

This game doesn’t fit my favourite game type, therefore, I wouldn’t play this game because I don’t like simulators.
This is a speed simulator “rip-off” so I wouldn’t play it at all, I’m telling you the truth and I would be a bad person if I lied to you.

• Is it user friendly to you, or hard to get around with all the GUIs and everything else?

It’s not user friendly, mainly the voting GUI that popped up to me when voting started and I didn’t knew what was it about, maybe consider adding the racing feature for certain player levels/speed or anything else but not new players.

• How are well are the robux items priced?

As another used pointed out, the 2x voting costs 100R$ and that’s just too much, take other succesful games as examples, the “choose the map” for the next round costs between 10R$-25R$ in some famous games. Also some make the 2x vote as a gamepass or VIP benefit.

• Is it fun or does it get monotonous?

It’s not fun, as I said earlier it’s a speed simulator “rip-off”, nothing new compared to Legends of Speed or any other speed simulator game.

• How is the GUI?

The GUI’s are too big, consider reducing their space on the screen, not sure how it looks on mobile.
They are not that attractive aswell, I would consider looking at some GUI appearance tutorials on Youtube, there are some pretty good ones out there.
For example: ROBLOX Studio How to Improve GUIs Tutorial 2020 - YouTube

• What should be added/got rid of?

I honestly think you should really re-design the game and try to think about features other games do not have. This game will not be sucessful by being a copy.

• What do you like/dislike about it?

The fact that it’s literally a rip-off other speed simulator games, no originality.
No new features comparing to other games.

• Are the race tracks good or missing something?

Pretty basic buildings, you should work on that too, they also feel pretty empty.

• Are the game mechanics good?

The game is not appealing at all, feels like any other speed simulator, speed is hard to get (maybe I didn’t understand how it’s supposed to work)
You start with 2k steps and 500 points which no one tells you what they are used for.
Overall: 1/10

1 Like