Feedback on my GFX (New to GFX)

So I’m pretty new to GFX (Started three days ago) And I would like some tips and suggestions on my GFX! :yum:

Constructive feedback is greatly appreciated!

Had a bit of an issue with making a logo due to not knowing how transparency works. (Got that to work after a couple hours ._.)

Now this took me more time to make than the renders ;-; (I know…)
Mainly I’d like feedback on this as I feel as if I’m doing something wrong. Maybe it’s the whole angle or the lighting? personally I think it’s ok but I think it could be better!

38 Likes

The renders are good, and are impressive for an artist who started recently.

For the logo, it all seems a little bit dull excluding the lightsaber. I’m no Star Wars fanatic so if it’s meant to be a dull, dark theme, feel free to ignore that lol. Otherwise, potentially add a blue-ish glow around the logo (potentially using a motion or Gaussian blur). Also, the avatar’s hair seems to be offset a bit, might want to fix that.

6 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I think next time I’m going to make the lightsabers a little more metallic and Does the hair look natural?

3 Likes

Also I just realised and thanks for telling me the hair is off I realised I rotated it the wrong way, lol.

3 Likes

Very impressive!
I started over a year ago and can’t still seem to work with Blender’s node editor to create neon.

Keep working and you will be awesome!

5 Likes

That isn’t a node. ._. but if you want help replicating the effect dm me.

4 Likes

for being a first GFX, its VERY GOOD! I like the lights in the first and second GFX. Improve lighting a bit on the last one and it will be good :smiley:

6 Likes

Amazing for someone who is new to GFX. Good job! :+1:

4 Likes

Do you think it needs shadows? Or should I just brighten it up a little more?

3 Likes

i think the last one needs shadows because its kinda plain without them

3 Likes

The GFX has great shadows, lighting, models, and it’s great!

2 Likes

Thank you for all the support you guys and gals have given!

1 Like

Instead of the characters looking directly towards the audience, A good idea would be to have them facing each other like a battle scene… Overall they’re pretty good to be just starting off, Nice rendering and the black background helps make the sabers pop more.

You did very good :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion! I think one of the next thumbnails will be made around that style.

2 Likes

Awesome, keep up the great work! The black background really fits well, making the colors pop out more. Maybe just add a bit more lighting so the character isn’t as dark.

2 Likes

These GFX’s are really good, I would add some sort of background to them itself!

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. I was originally going to add a background but I’m not too good with PBR yet and I haven’t tried making grass so I figured this would do for the time being! :yum:

2 Likes

New post!

Feedback is really encouraged for this one. I can’t really tell what I’ve done with the lighting on this one, does it look ok?

10 Likes

This is very good for someone who is new to GFX(I don’t make GFX tho)! I feel like the lighting could be improved for the pictures, especially the second one because the face is kinda blending in with the shadows so you may wanna work on that.

2 Likes

Ahh well the 2nd one was mainly based around shadows half covering the character to make the lightsabers more immersive but I get what you mean. As for the lighting I would do it in a light setting but I don’t feel like I’m prepared for a full on lighting scene outside. Thanks for the feedback! :yum:

1 Like