Feedback on my horror character

Hello developers,

I’ve made a horror character, can you guys give feedback on it. That would be really apriciated.
Here it is :

9 Likes

Can you maybe explain more about this character?
(assuming this is in a horror game)

Q1

Is this a boss of some sort?

Q2

Does this character attack?

Q3

Is there a jumpscare associated with this character?

Many more questions i can put, but im a little lazy :smile:
Maybe put a video of gameplay, if you can, (i know the game might not be done)

Thank you for reading this (reply to me if i am wrong)
7 :money_with_wings:

1 Like

My opinion? For a horror game, this isn’t that good.

First of all, it is not scary. It looks like an oven with red eyes.

I don’t know what the point of this is, but I guess it dependes

4 Likes

Hi, i currently only maked the character so i can’t show gameplay yet. It would be a game like teddy or piggy or granny. It is gonna be possible to attack and jumpscare you.

What can i do to make it more scarier?

Thank you for the feedback!

I think if I was jumpscared, i would not be that scared, you have to make some modifications

1. Make the square body smaller, because like @Stickmanfanrdc says, it looks like an oven
  2. Add some fingers to the hands
  3. Make this character look like it wasnt made a few seconds ago, put some scratches, dents and things like that
    Try modifying the face, so that it looks menacing
Eyes

Triangle shaped

Mouth

Make it smile, make it have some teeth

I hope this helps

1 Like

Ok, gonna work on it right now

1 Like

It’s not scary in my opinion, I feel like it’s actually quite cute. maybe change the facial expression, it kind of looks like it’s delighted to be with you in that moment of terror.

If you look at some relatively ‘creepy’ games, you’d see that (for example) In Poppy Playtime, the weird blue thing (forgot it’s name) has their creepily flexible body, and empty eyes. Or Five nights at Freddy’s has its dark and creepy ambience, and how you are required to multitask.

Also - add fogginess in order to actually jumpscare the player!

Concept is that it shouldn’t scare the player by its sudden appearance, rather how it looks and the suspense waiting for it to pop up somewhere.

1 Like

Ok, gonna work on it. Thx for feedback

Just remade it, let me know what you guys think

1 Like

It looks a bit goofy now. The teeth kinda makes me think it’s a baby oven lol

Try adding some rust, and make the smile as crooked and curvy as possible.Look at images of that Ploppy Playtime character to get what I’m taking about

And make the teeth pointy(Oh, and at ip for the jumpscare, don’t add music until the jumpscare appears.Instead, add footsteps, slow breathing, etc. When the jumpscare comes, play a giant violin shriek like the one in that old Alfred Hitchcock movie

2 Likes

Try making the smile more crooked, make the teeth pointier, and make the eyes go closer together, it looks content, which means happy, it has to look evil, also try making the limbs somewhat scarier, like make one arm be cut off, and make wires dangle out with sparks

Sorry if that’s messy, i had to do something quickly

1 Like

very spoopy i love it!! would definitely give it a hug

1 Like

Give it sharp teeth, and black fogginess. Also make sure not to make him so visible. Make the smile a triangle outline, and black filling it. And make the eyes hollow with wires coming out of them. Lastly, make his head crooked and animate a lifeless looking walk and run. It should look better after some work!

Edit: Of course, this is just my imagination. Go for what you think looks creepy, I’m only giving suggestions!

1 Like

Why rust? Its a milk carton, i don’t really got you

That’s supposed to be a milk carton?

yes, ik its not looking like that

Well that’s ironic… I’m assuming everyone else was giving you information based on a robot. From my perspective, it doesn’t look like a milk carton at all (not to discourage you or anything).
I think you should transfer it to an animatronic, rather a milk carton. As a robot, it could look way better than what a milk carton could.

Ok, my plan was a robot milk carton

With all due respect, this seems to resemble a comical, sentient tin-can that at upmost seems disgruntled. Overall, if you’re going for something more scary, perhaps try spikes. Subsequently, you should try your best to remove the comical demeanor.

Hope my reply was beneficial towards your development.

1 Like